When will i ovulate after miscarriage

Applecrumble

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would really appreciate some advise.

I had a scan (after some spotting) on thursday at 8w+4 which revealed that i had a blighted ovum, i then preseded to have a natural miscarriage on Friday. I think i was fortunate enough to have a very clean miscarriage and whilst still bleeding it is now very light.

I am mentally in a good place and keen to catch a new egg soon.. However i have read conflicting advice...some say it will be 14days from the miscarriage other stuff i read says ovulation will occur 14 days from when hcg levels reaches zero!

I did a test last night a day after miscarriage and it was still a clear strong line! I am guessing there is no clear answer, however am really interested in other peoples experience and views!

My current plan is to monitor cm.

Thanks

I had a mc last year, a week after it happened me and the other half had a little bedtime fun and i fell pregnant again! Now i have a gorgeous 10 week old girl. I must of ovulated early after the mc as we didn't do anything for a few weeks after that one time.

It took over 2 months for me to get a negative blood test but I was 14 weeks pregnant when I finally had my erpc so it won't take you as long. You can still ovulate with a bit of hcg hormone in you, I would do opks but be wary as the hormone can give positive results. I would ask the doctor for a blood test to check your levels. So sorry for your loss xx

It varies quite a bit, I think. I ovulated about 2 weeks later than usual after each of my miscarriages.

If you can bear it, you can test until the hpts go negative and that'll give you an indication of when ovulation is likely to start. But using the hpts can be hard. Not sure if you know already, but the opks will test positive as long as you still have hcg in your system, so just be aware of that if you start opking soon.

With my previous 2 miscarriages I was between 8-9 weeks pregnant and had D&C. It took 2 weeks from op before I got a negative pg test then another 3 weeks till ovulation but I have pretty long cycles anyway.

It's so frustrating after mc as you just want body back to normal ASAP and to be able to try again xxx

I was five weeks with both of them and my HPTs were negative once I had passed all the clots and tissue. I just treated it like a period really and I do OPKs, with my first one I ovulated on CD17 counting CD1 as the day I started bleeding and with my second it was CD22 counting first day of bleeding as CD1 but I believe I was late due to taking votamin B6 that month - it really seemed to play havoc with my cycle.

I don't think there is any clear answer other than doing OPKs. Really sorry and sad to hear this has happened to you apple seeing as I was in the thread where you got your BFP x

With all of mine (two at 11 weeks and one discovered at 7 weeks) and having two naturally and one D&C, all were exactly four weeks after the mc. Not sure why, maybe two weeks to get levels to zero and then two weeks as normal cycle.
Good luck and I'm really sorry to hear of your loss xx

You won't normally ovulate til you have no hcg left, and the time for the hcg to reach zero can vary for everyone. I didn't ovulate for 11 weeks after my mmc, but it was 16 days after my erpc op which is when my hcg levels finally hit zero. Hope your not waiting too long xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back