When to tell . . .

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry another question, when does everyone think its ok to tell people or when did you tell everyone? Had to tell mums, couldnt help it. But my OH cant keep quiet, or his mum. They want to tell everyone. But im only 4 wks. Is it too soon. Im so negetive and keep saying these things dont happen to me (esp after trying 9 month) I have became quite negetive. I want to be excited and share the good news, but im scared something will go wrong. My mum says just enjoy it and dont worry, but I cant help it. Its my birthday at the wkend, wonder how many bots of wine im gona get! But we are going out with firends and they are going to sus it out when im not drinking, as they know we have been trying for a baby! x

well to be honest my opinion i would defo wait until you have had your 12 week scan and everything is ok i know its very hard because ur dying to let someone know and be excited. With my last pregnancy i told people before 12 weeks and i had nothing but bad luck which upset me so i says with this pregnancy i would be totally different and everythiong has went superb so far

good luck on what your decision is hehe

I've told close people i.e my family and close friends but am waiting until i'm 10-12 weeks until i tell the world!! Congrats btw :D

iv told everyone iv ever met lol iv m/c befor and have the thinkning im going to enjoy this one which means telling people and sharing the joy and if something does go wrong il have the support of all my friends and family its an individual choice alot dont tell it really upto you x

Hiya

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy, i fell pregnant before christmas and me and my OH didnt tell anyone and sadly i m/c new years eve, it was so hard as nobody new and people kept ringing and texting to say happy new year etc and i felt so alone, this time weve told people close friends and family and as serenitylove says at least if it does wrong again (everything crossed it doesnt) then i will have the poeple i love support. At the end of the day hun its totally your decision, with my other 2 boys most people other than my work knew by 8 weeks its so hard to keep it to yourself when your soooooo happy and excited x x

we waited until the results of an early scan at 8 and a half weeks to tell our parents and I mentioned it to my superiors at work as well. we waited until after the 12 week scan to start telling other people due to having a missed miscarriage before and spending nearly a year trying for this one. Not that I felt bad things were going to happen, i have felt a lot happier about this pregnancy, i think we just wanted to be able to enjoy it ourselves for a while as we didn't really get chance to do that before. It really is down to how you feel, if you are not sure at the moment then your OH and his mum will understand if you explain how you're feeling - it's still early days and i guess you need to get used to the idea of being pregnant.

we had the whole worrying about not drinking while out and people guessing but on the one major occasion it could have occurred we just mentioned to a few people i wasn't well a couple of days before and then when we went out the excuse of antibiotics worked fine - a white lie but one for a good purpose.

try to stay positive, i know it is nerve-wracking

We told all our families and close friends and there has been no bad luck, I don't believe in it at all! Nothing you SAY is gonna change anything! Enjoy x

Hello

We told everyone with DD at 5 weeks. The way we thought about it was if we did m/c we would want people to know for the support. We've just told parents and close friends this time round purely because our DD is still quite young and don't feel the need to rush. We'll wait until the scan if we can but I'm already noticebly bigger in the tummy area

Well I dont know what to do. Wanted to wait until 12 weeks, but its just not going to work. First of all, I need relieved of some duties at work with immediate effect (been managing to dodge/get help lugging heavy tables/furniture around since I got bfp).

The problem is, if I tell my boss (small company) it wont stay quiet. and the village mentality of everyone having to know everything (even the stabby in your finger) will kick in.

Im annoyed about this because oh told everyone first time round at 6 weeks, and one or two people questioned us for doing it so early, and definately wanted to wait this time.

We told all our families and close friends and there has been no bad luck, I don't believe in it at all! Nothing you SAY is gonna change anything! Enjoy x

I do agree with you, surely what is going to happen will happen regardless? We ended up telling friends last night! Couldnt help it, well OH couldnt. They were all so happy for us. Another friend said she was 10 wk pg and had only told us because we had told them, but were waiting until 12 wk, which made me feel really bad and a bit silly. Then another friend said, dont be daft I told everyone at 3 wk. So its just personal choice. All I know is that if something does happen I will need my fam and friends to pick me up, but in the meantime I am just going to tey and enjoy every min of it. With everyday that goes by I feel so lucky! Thanks so much for all you advice and best of luck (haha that sounds as though im going somewhere) Oh and I know I really need to change my ticker xx

Congrats I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but everyone near enough knows now I still have to tell my nan ect ... Which is annoying as I feel like I will only be ringing for that reason which annoys me as I don't feel as everyone has a right to be privy to info it's like your pregnant and all of a sudden it's everyone roses business haha ( mini rant ) lol :rotfl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back