when did u tell siblings

mumof2

Reaction score
As u can see from the ticker im only nearly 4 weeks, im just wondering when did u or anyone u know tell the older children that they have a brother or sister in mummys tummy, i want to tell my children soon but not sure, i know i cant wait till 12 weeks, im too impatient. we have been talking with them about having another baby and what it would be like and they are both fine with it, my son is 6 and my daughter is 3, any advice would be great

Well I'm not going to be very helpful I'm afraid - I told ds straight away before I told OH, but he was only just 1 so doesn't really understand!

I think the biggest issue with your children's ages is they're likely to tell other people! So when you tell them you will be telling the world...

I really hope someone more helpful comes along in a minute :think: :D

Last edited:
I told my son, but i have also told everyone else i cant keep it to myself, i feel if something is going to go wrong it can happen at any stage of pregnancy, so why not tell people the great news. xx

We told our two just hours after finding out, they were the first to know.
My 15 yr old daughter said "oh my god that's just like soooooo disgusting"
and my 12yr old son was great, he gave my a big hug. My daughters coming round to the idea now.
I'm terrible at keeping a secret, we told everyone else the same night!

I told Lucy after my scan at 10 weeks. I wait till then mainly because of my previous miscarriage. Some people have said its early because its a long time for her to wait but I don't think I could have hidden it from her as she picks up on everything - "why does tea make you feel sick mummy" etc.

Tell when you're ready I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank u everybody for ur replies

I feel like i want to tell them soon, both my children seem older than their actual age and i am feeling sick at the mo and sometimes i am abit less patient and at least they would know the reason why and why i am quite tired

i have told quite a few friends and weve told close family, 2 be honest im not worried about everyone knowing, if anything is to happen for the worse which i hope it doesnt, i think it would happen whether people know or not, i think i will tell them soon as i can talk to them about what is happening, i want them to be involved, thanks for ur opinions, it really helped

when i get a bigger belly im gonna tell jess theres a baby growing in my belly and show her the scans, rebecca wont really understand, but im still gonna show her the scans.

tehy were with me when i took the test becasue my friend made me take it then we keepts talking about it so i told them straight away and i bet they clockked on, now my daughter who is 4 is 'pregnant' too haha, she is having a girl who is called baby annabele :lol: and she says it's ok if i have a boy becasue she is having a girl :D

my kids are older so worked it out as quick as me as i was so sick and exhausted.

I tried to wait until after my 12 week scan! But they kept talking about another baby and I felt so bad and also, I had had a scan at 6 weeks so kinda thought I should tell them and did at 9 weeks lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back