When to tell?

Strangeness

Reaction score
I told people when I was around 7 weeks pregnant last time after I had been to the doctors. I'm not sure when to tell anyone this time! I want to try and keep it til 12 weeks so I know everything is ok but I'm so excited! I still haven't been to the doctors yet but will make an appointment next week! So when are you telling everyone? My hubby and mum are the only ones who know so far.

Hiya :wave:

I also wanted to wait until 12wks, but it has slowly snowballed to the point where i had to tell my grandparents last night before they found out elsewhwere. my OH was excited and after a few beers he told his uncles during the scotland game :x i got over that. then we told his mam, and she told his sister, and we told my parents and they are bursting to tell people.

got to go to tescos later - bet the word is out when i get there :roll: :x

you gotta either :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: or :cry: :cry: :cry:

ill wait till after your 12 week scan, then you have a piccy to show them too then!!

A friend said to me she had always based it on if anything were to happen would she would be comfortable and able to tell all the people about the loss as she had told about her pregnancy.

When she put it like that, thinking it over, we decided to only tell close family and a couple of friends until we were past 12 weeks and had had our scan and so on. I don't think I could have faced telling Joe Bloggs and other people I wasn't particularly close to if there had been some sad news.

That's a good point I don't think I could tell everyone and then have to tell them all bad news if something happened. My hubby wants to wait until 12 weeks and we've had the scan. I told everyone last time because we didn't get a scan until I was nearly 20 weeks but they have just introduced them here now. I haven't told my siblings yet for the fact I work with one of them and if he mentioned it to anyone it would be all round work in a second. So here's to me trying to keep it zipped for another 7 weeks :lol:

I found out last Monday that I'm having my third baby. I told my husband and my mother. After telling my mother I received three texts in quick succession congratulating me. My sister, brother and dad. My mother had told them. I was a bit miffed to be honest. Now everyone seems to know and I wanted to wait until I was at least further on. I haven't told my other children (aged 10 and 7). OH is desperate to tell them before anyone else gets the chance but I want to wait until I'm 12 weeks or at least further on. I'm due a pay rise this month also and have no intention of telling my boss about this until my payrise is in writing and confirmed. LOL. :lol:

I'd say a lot of it depends on how comfortable you feel. Good luck!

I've been a lot more cautious this time because of what happened earlier this year. Have told my Mum and a close friend who asked me outright (I'm not a good liar!!).

I think my OH is planning to tell his folks this week now I am 8 weeks - not sure how they are going to take it though as I don't think they really want us to have another one!!!

As for everyone else....I think I'll tell good friends after the 12 week scan, and others as and when really. There may be a couple of really good friends who I'll cave and tell before - it largely depends if they ask really as several people know that we've been trying.

My family have known for a while but I have only just started telling friends and work people.

Tell people when u are comfortable

Only DH knows at the moment, I hope to wait til 12 weeks but, as I will be 11 weeks at christmas - it will be difficult (especially if I am showing) :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back