When to see the midwife

flowers2014

Reaction score
I know people see between 8 and 10 weeks but I'm not sure if I'm leaving it too late. Basically I am away from home and won't be able to see my doctor until 7+5 weeks. I rang them and they said you see the doctor first then the midwife. So if I go at 7+5 is that leaving it too late for the doctor to arrange a appointment with the midwife? In other words I am on holiday and now working out what week I am and so on it making me think it will be late but then I guess people also don't realise they are pregnant until later too right?

tri hopping. no thats fine hun. youmust ensure though that if you want the non invasive nuchal fold test at the first scan your scan is between 11+2 and 13+4 weeks ideally.

I've just had my midwife booking appointment, and its just to get all your medical and family info, put your blue book together and take a whole lot of blood to screen for various things.

They are also booking the 12 week scan. Might be worth speaking to a midwife just to let them know your situation .

No that's fine I think I didn't see my midwife until 11+5 this time round x

i had to wait until i was 10 weeks before seeing a midwife. i was quite stressed about it as everyone on here seems to go WAYY earlier. the docs forgot to phone me you see.
so now im awaiting a scan date. it's all very scary at this point isnt it?
hope you get something sorted. if in doubt just phone your doctors. that's what i had to do in the end.x

i think they will fit you in in your time...i booked in with midwife last fri an i received my early bird an booking appointments today one for monday comin an one for the following monday xx

I phoned the midwife yesterday for my booking in appt because I'm going away between 7-9 weeks. I've got my booking in appt next week, I'll be 6+3. Just call them if you're concerned, I'm sure they'll work around you xx

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Initially I called the docs and asked them what I'm meant to do. They said to come for an appointment and then the whole midwife thing starts. So I left it at that.

However I think I will call again and say I will probably be many weeks in by then so if I can could you set me up with a midwife too.

I saw my gp yesterday and she said I won't have anything until my 12 week scan- not even a midwife app. Does this sound right for a second pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back