When To Prepare

BabyLove

Reaction score
Everythings Organised & Ready But Most Of The Baby Things Are In The Spare Room Waiting. I Was Wondering When To Set Up The Steriliser,Bottle Warmer etc In The Kitchen. Did You Wait Until Baby Was Home Or Do It Before? :think:

we put all the baby things up at 37 weeks and when i was in hospital my MIL put the stereliser and little things like that up. :hug:

My stuffs all in the kitchen... steriliser etc... I'll be waiting till the baby pops out though... no point taking it out the boxes and messing around with it yet.

Mainly because it will get dusty and dirty before the baby is here.. DH has been instructed to bring up a sterilised dummy after the birth...but as they will only stay sterile for maximum of 24 hours... theres no point doing anything yet unless you have a crystal ball or are lucky enough to have an exact date for your c section... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I ddi it all a bout a week before she arrived as I had no idea if she would be early or not.

Although we had everything ready we weren't really prepared as such because Finn came 3 weeks early - we were really expecting him to be overdue!

i would suggest at least knowing how to use steriliser and having it all handy by, i went into labour at 37 weeks and was rushed in spent a week in hospital and we were discharged at 8pm one evening, got home did not have a clue how to use and set up steriliser and had a hungry baby to feed, moses basket was in the spare room but the bedding wasn't put on so it all took time to sort out. i think we finally settled down about 2am that morning. i would strongly recommend you are ready early just in case!! :lol:

put them all in the kitchen carly.. no reason not to.. not like they are gonan get dirty or nething... they will be there for the next year anyways...

yeh get everythin out hun and put it where you want it and figure out how work all the things like sterilisers, breast pumps, bottle warmers etc. you will feel really tired when you get bk with baby and havin everything sorted will be great and allow you time to relax etc.

xxxxx

Thanks Ladies, Think I'll Get It All Sorted Tonight Then :) Its a Real Pain Because We'd Love To Just Decorate The Spare Room As Its The Nursery.. But My Family Dont Want To Know The Sex Of The Baby Until They Meet Her & The Spare Room Is Where They'll Be Sleeping So We Cant Touch It Until They've Left. Not Just Because It'll Be Pink, But Also Because Its Where All The Beds Are. Never Mind :) x

dont worry about it carly.. u sound oooooooooober organised.. and i bet its bugging you that you cant do it.. but it doesnt matter.. baby will be in with you guys anyways..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back