how did you prepare yourself for getting up in the night?

thanks everyone :)

i know im worrying over nothing just trying to make sure i am doing what i can to prepare myself for LO :lol:

i will take all the advice on board and will rope OH into cleaning :lol:

By 41 weeks pregnant I was waking in pain and to go to the loo every 45 minutes. Then LO was born and I could sleep for hours at a time - bliss! We still have 1 middle of the night feed at 5 months and I express so I got OH to do that one :lol:

I used to whip up a giant chocolate angel delight and leave it in the fridge before going to bed, then when i was feeding Alexander i would sit eating it. So when i woke up i was like - oooh mmmm and couldnt wait to get stuck in deff took the edge off getting out of bed! :rotfl:
So whatever your fave treats are, and they will change once the baby is born, stock up the fridge full!

bizzygirl101 said:
I used to whip up a giant chocolate angel delight and leave it in the fridge before going to bed, then when i was feeding Alexander i would sit eating it. So when i woke up i was like - oooh mmmm and couldnt wait to get stuck in deff took the edge off getting out of bed! :rotfl:
So whatever your fave treats are, and they will change once the baby is born, stock up the fridge full!

:D Yaay I like that idea!

chelsea said:
i think thats my main worry, i take ages to get to sleep (OH can just drop off as soon as his head hits the pillow!) i keep thinking that i will wake up, feed, change etc then get ready to go back to sleep, lay there for ages, just as i drop off baby will wake me up again :lol: i assume i will just be able to go to sleep when baby is here, im just worried that i will be a walking zombie.

I used to have to watch a DVD in bed coz I would take ages to get to sleep - all changed now!!

At the end of my pregnancy I was up a couple of times a night for the loo or for drinks, which helped as it was the same times that LO woke up once he was born!

At first, I would have long lie ins with LO, til about 10am, then get up and start the day without any tiredness or groogyness. By around 5-6weeks, LO has slept through, so now more getting up! He just done that himself.

When I was getting up, I wasnt as annoyed as I thought, I just know its not his fault, whereas if anyone else wakes me up, I get mad as they should know better!

I didn't need to prepare myself as i was up a few times a night to use the bathroom while heavily pregnant.

Oh also gets up at least once a night to open the window/use bathroom etc :roll: . I think he does it because his mum used to wake him when he was younger so he didn't wet the bed but he's never grown out of it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back