When to pack hospital bag?

vixforever

Reaction score
I keep wondering when I should start to do it, I know what I need. Just not sure when to start packing it, lol xx

I think I started around 30 weeks. Just getting a few little bits and bobs here and there. :) Ive literally only just finished getting everything for it though lol. I like to think im organised but in reality...Im an arthur lol.

I did mine at around 33 weeks, but i keep adding things, its gonna be sooo heavy!

from 30 weeks with codie due to what a heffer i looked lol, people thought she was twins but she was just a big baby 9lb 3!!

just add what you need as you go aswell its better then forgeting something

I have decided to start buying things to put in it :)

Will be buying one of them big bags you get in Primark I think unless Toonlass comes up with something even better! :lol:

Il pack my proper bag at 30+ weeks but I'm gonna pack a toiletry bag now,I've always had an overnight hospital stay at some point in all my pregnancies and my oh is useless at gettin my things together so i'm gonna pack the essentials,make up,deodorant,tooth stuff,brush etc now then he can just grab it and fetch it 4 me if he needs to,and if I don't need it then it's already packed 4 my labour bag :) xx

My hospital told me last time to have mine packed and in the boot of my car with my notes from 28 weeks :lol:

:)

Yeah I keep thinking get it done now incase of any overnight stays mines will be in seperate bag from babys anyway x

I have 2 bags, 1 for me and one for Lilly and I'm ashamed to say that they've been fully packed for about 3 weeks! All I need to do is put PJs in my bag as I don't know how big i'm going to get (I still don't have much in the way of a bump so hoping that it stays that way) and replace the terry nappies in Lilly's bag. I've come to the conclusion that just whilst i'm in hospital i'd prefer to use disposables for the convenience and wait untill i get home to get started with the re-usables.

My mum has just phoned me and told me that she has spent £80 on baby 'stuff' like wipes, talcum powder, bum cream and toiletries XD And it's all pink! She said she's gone and cleaned the shop out of every pink baby toiletry aged 0-3 months in the shop!! She's so exited bless her!! So I think anything that I'm missing, she will have though of, lol.

xxx

Last edited:
I didn't do Lacey's until 36 weeks. I'll prob leave it late again knowing me! Ive only brought my pj's for hospital so far! Really should be more orgnaised just hoping this time i won't be in hospital for so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back