When Should I Start Panicking?

Skidoo

Reaction score
I'm due in 5 weeks.

We're supposed to be moving house before then, but we don't have a date yet.

Because of the supposed move I haven't bought anything for the baby yet.

All we have is a couple of hand me down newborn vests and some knitted squares that might be a blanket one day.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last thing I want is to stress you....Chill. However, I'd move and get the necessities in as soon as possible-inevitably you could have bubba anytime now. :wink:

I'd just make sure you have stuff like:

1 pack nappies
1 pack wipes
6 sleepsuits
6 vests
hat
blanket

I would say those are the essentials if you're planning on breastfeeding. Don't panic, everything else you or hubby can pick up after the baby has arrived. If it comes early you'll just have to send him out for a crib if you don't have one yet!

well i had my daughter at 35weeks lol, all u need is sleep suits and vests and 10000,00000 of nappies :)
sterilizer bottles and baby milk
there the important things

I would also add a car seat, because you can't take baby home without one!

otherwise, i'd agree with everyone else, the rest can come once baby is there.

good luck :)

mel xx

i think its stupid u cant take baby home with out car seat wud about if u dont ava car? and ya gettin picked up by ya mate or sumut and wont be needin a car seat again. i never had a car seat when i had dior at 35weeks but the hospital let me hold her in the back of my car, i have a car seat now but it hadnt arrived by the time i had gave birth

I'm the same as you, my baby is due on Sunday but as you are probably aware they go over due aswell, i have a house waiting for me to move into (i lve at my mum's at the mo) and they said it will be by the end of Jan but can't give me a definate date :(

I have the advantage of having all of Amy's baby stuff, which is washed and in black bags waiting, i haven't out my pram up and i haven't bought a cot yet or got a nursery set up and it will be alot of work to sort out if this baby comes alomst the same date.

It's so awkward

amys mum.... how old is your daughter she looks so cute x

She's 2 on monday, she's pulling an odd face though!!!

Thanks guys. I think I will go ahead and get a few more things - just the essentials as suggested - in case she does decide to show up early. I'm really really hoping we can move first, but also sort of worry that the stress of moving might increase the chances of her arriving on time or early!!

amys mum...
is she still in a pushchair? will u be buyin a double one for new baby? just wonderin as dior is 10months and not sure how long i will b needin twin buggy for?

Twin buggies are apparently only suitable for up to 3 year olds and Amy is ok with her walking so we are not buying her one as it is alot of extra money for the sake of 12 months.

It definately would be worth it for you to buy one. :D :D

u cud just get a buggy board. so il defo b needin double buggy then????? dior will b 15months? wen i av new born???

I would recommend it yeah cos she will still be needing sleeps etc won't she.

I was thinking of a buggy board, but they are £40, she'll be going through that stage of wanting to walk everywhere as well soon.

I don't know what to do

My pushchair has a built in buggy board thing it's GREAT and Mason is 4!!

Buy a cheap one on ebay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back