Moving house at 35 weeks

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
We currently rent our house and 2 weeks ago our landlady said she would probably be putting the house on the market in the near future. So, we decided to look for a new place and move before the baby is born - rather than being given 4 weeks notice to leave when the baby is due in 2 weeks or just been born etc.

Anyway, we have now found a new house and are moving on 5 November. I'm really excited about the new house and just can't wait to move now but at the same time I'm stressing about all the packing and moving and being heavily pregnant.

Somebody reassure me that I am not mad moving house at 35 weeks and everything will be alright!

Really can't help you there as ive only moved once and that stressed me out enough and i wasn't even pregnant lol

dont stress dear i might be in the same boat as we r thinking of moving bfr the baby..i will say look out for options where u can take help for packing..i m also exploring as we will not b able to lift boxes..i know a friend who moved a day before delivery and was completely well..:) good luck

I moved at 35 weeks and i moved from the south to scotland so it was only me and my fiance and his friend that did it. Luckly my partner and his friend did alot of the work. Have you got people to give you a hand? it will be fine just try and make it a stress free as you can. example plan ahead.. as much as you can anyway. hope all goes well xxx

ive just recently moved at 33 weeks. we knew a couple of weeks before hand so started packing everyyhing that we could live without untill we had moved! it made it alot less stresfull. also get as much help as you can. as i couldnt do any heavy lifting i waited at new house and told everyone wher to put stuff and started unpacking boxes.

it really wasnt as stressfull as i thought it would be.
good luck hun x

we are looking for a house at the moment n i will prob move around duedate.. but i take it as it comes.

Thanks - those replies have made me feel better. I think I have managed to get all stressed out and it won't be that bad. It will be worth it as it's a lovely house with a garden.

Going to start making lists and have already recruited packers (Mum and Dad), movers (friends, MIL and FIL) so it will be fine - PMA!

Sounds like you have a plan! I moved earlier in my pregnancy - it was tough not being able to lift much, but we got through it. We moved from quite a big house into quite a small house which really didn't help, especially since we had so much stuff!!

My advice is:
start packing as soon as possible as it will take longer than you think it will
you can't have too many boxes or rolls of tape
you can't have too many people to help you
it will take you longer than you think it will

I remember the days when I could fit everything I owned into the back of a knackered old VW Polo!

Hope it goes well for you!

i moved at 35 weeks (2 weeks ago) and as long as you have help it's not too bad!!! We had both sides of the family helping and i just directed and sorted the kitchen cupboards so we could at least be straight in there!!! Just make sure you dont do too much and maybe make yourself available for tea duty and let them do the lifting!!!

My mum and dad moved house 1 month before my younger brother was due. My dad decided not use a removal van so he made my mum do all the moving - lifting heavy furniture - the works! With no help!!!

It was 30 years ago, but still :lol:

i moved back in with my parents at 36 weeks! which wasnt too bad cos i didnt have much to take! just make lists and lists and write on every box whats in it and where it needs to go! hope the move goes wll hun xx

Good luck!! As someone already said start organising early. Label all your boxes and what rooms they go into. Try and allocate a place for everything as they start coming in..ie, sofa goes there, wardrobe against that wall...etc Instead of piling them anywhere.

You'll be fine hun, make sure you take it easy and let everyone else do all the hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back