When is it ok get excited??

Alwaystrying

Reaction score
Tri1 sucks :-(
I have seen my ickle bean, saw its hart beating away so feel assured that everything is going well... BUT

I want to start feeling excited about becoming a mum, I saw a little baby giggling away to its mum today and nearly cried thinking, that could be me next year with my lo

However I am still so worried and every time I feel something down below (sorry tmi) I am checking it's not blood, want to start telling my friends but feel its still way to early

Suck lol

It s natural to feel excited and nothing wrong with it :) enjoy ever second :)

The first trimester is a right pain in the arse! I started to get a bit more giddy at 10 weeks and then the 12 week scan was quite a turning point. I still feel like I'm jinxing it when I tell people now! I desperate for the 20 week scan!
I'm sure the next few weeks will pass quickly! x

If you mean like really bad cramps, pulling sensation or shooting pains don't worry because I get them! I have had nothing but cramps and everything was perfect two days ago! But I know it's soo hard not to worry at every little twinge and things.

I think when I was 8 weeks I told a close friend and family, but that's about it. It may reassure you telling a friend or family member then at least you have someone to talk to about things other than on the net.

But if I was you I would not worry and just be happy :) And then when you're ready to announce things and you can use up all your excitement then, lol.

I hate tri 1 too hun,

I thought after being lltc i wud love being here(and dont get me wrong i do love the fact i am pg)but i feel so ill and awful ALL the time that its hard to feel excited and enjoy being pg.

Cant wait for tri 2 lol.

Michelle. x

I'm still going in fits and starts with this. One minute all happy and positive, then get a bad day thinking "what if it goes wrong now?". Its almost worse the further you get as there's more to lose!!!

I used to use the stats to reassure myself on bad days in tri one, after each scan i'd google chance of mc at X weeks which sounds really morbid but each week you go and see/hear a hb, the lower the risk...

After a good early scan your risk is less than 5%, so your chances of it going wrong now are very low already hun.

All of my losses were before 8w, and they all started in the same way (spotting around 5-6w) and I never saw a HB with any of my lost beans.

with James I had little milestones... No spotting by 6w, saw HB at 7w, had another early scan at 10w.

We told our families just before the second scan purely as it felt right.

I felt positive and calm 90% of the time in tri 1 (I don't know how I did it) but I didn't start feeling truly excited until after anomaly scan.

xxxxxxxx

Thanks all, I also read about chances of MC and it does go down quite dramatically after you get a HB and after week 8.
Baby James looks gorgeous, that time has flown by as still remember when you announced your BFP. Only seems like yest :)

It's weird but my parents are now starting to get excited and in a way that has made me even more nervous, kind of wish we had not said anything but they knew we were going for IVF

I felt really worried until 12 weeks and hated having to keep it secret! I still have days now (15wks) when I really worry (like today!) but generally it is better. The thing is we all want these babies so much it's natural to worry about them and losing them I think.

I'm 9 weeks and my scan is booked for 3 weeks tomorrow... I can hardly wait! Feel like I can't get excited until I've seen it and heard its hb!

I can't get excited yet, it's really sad but i'm not past the twelve weeks yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back