When is Baby meant to start moving into the pelvis?

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,

I met my new MW on tuesday and she was lovely :dance: so much nicer than her stand in! I explained to her about some pains I have experienced several times, and she really put my mind at ease :). She said baby is head down and just starting to engage and shes written 4/5 which my notes say means babys head is at the pelvic brim. She thinks that the pain is a combination of BH, stretching - baby does seem to have had growth spurts after the pains, and the baby engaging all at the same time :shock:! When is baby meant to start engaging? I thought that I had read that LO would start to engage at about 36 weeks but probably got that wrong!

Thanks

x x x

Thanks hun I thought that first babys did engage earlier I just didn't think it was this early x

My bub's only just engaged at coming up 39 weeks. This is my first baby.

I think the general rule is around 36 weeks, but like all these things it's not always the case! 4/5 engaged is only just engaged hun so I wouldn't worry! LO engaging doesn't mean labour is imminent......just look at it as a good thing that LO is head down and getting in a good position already :)

Thanks for your replies. I'm looking at it as a good thing LO is head down just hope they stay that way! I guess as I'm quite petite it could be baby has no other choice! X x x

I was 3/5 engaged at my 31 week check. I was shocked at first but then read up on it and realised that is 3/5 of head felt above pelvic brim. M/W didn't seem concerned/surprised. It wasn't engaged at all at 28 weeks so wonder where it'll be at my 34 week check?! At least it's got it's geography right! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back