When does the cramps stop?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Rhiandell, May 25, 2016.

1. Rhiandell

Rhiandell Well-Known Member

I've been having really bad cramps for almost two weeks now. I'm very early yet, but I'm wondering if it'll be like this for months.
    It's hard to keep a straight face at work when it feels like you occasionally get stabbed in the gut. I'm sure I can fib it off as period cramps for a while, but if it goes on for two more weeks, people might get suspicious.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

2. MillersMissus

MillersMissus Well-Known Member

Mine went up to about 13 weeks on and off xx

3. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

With my son the period type cramps stopped around 16 weeks, still have them this time round so far, it's pretty normal as a lot of stretching is happening

4. Rhiandell

Rhiandell Well-Known Member

Meh, while I was hoping for "week 6, exactly" I guess that was pretty much the answers I was expecting.
    I'm just feeling whiny, because it's been two weeks of almost constant cramps. But so far I have precious few other problems, so I have that to be grateful for.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

5. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I had some awful cramps from week 6 low down in the left side, felt like ovary pain. I ended up getting sent for an early scan but was told it was just ligament pain, it comes and go now and again but no way near as often as it was, I am nearly 14 weeks now x

6. Ellsbells

Ellsbells Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm 20 weeks and still get cramping! It does get better though and more manageable, when I was 4 weeks pregnant I ended up in the walk in centre because I thought something was wrong, turned out I had a UTI, go get it checked out

7. fluffycat

fluffycat Well-Known Member

Evenones different hun.. this is my second pregnancy and have never be cramps at all.never used to get af cramps either tho. Xx

8. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

I havent really had it this time but I had cramping from before my BFP until about 6 weeks with my 1st 3 pregnancies. Then it went away and I had it from time to time, mostly after 16 weeks.