When do you tell everyone about being pregnant?

Becky101

Reaction score
Just wondering for those under 3 months, have you let the cat out of the bag about your pregnancy yet, or keeping quiet until after your 3 months? For those into your 2nd tri when did you tell everyone?

I am not sure whether to let everyone know or not as I have got to have a dating scan before I even know how far gone I am, could be 6 weeks could be 14!

My Mum is dying to tell people! :D

Hi hun i didnt find out i was PG with Adele till i was 10 weeks gone so my OH told his parents after i got my first scan so i was 16 weeks when we told most people.

When i was pregnant with Colby we didnt tell his parents till new years day (great start to the new year....lol) and i was due on the 21st of march....lol so big shock to them...lol

I guess many people are differnt when to tell others i think most people wait till after 3 months that way they have prob had their first scan and they know everything is ok.

Good luck telling everyone hun and all the best for the future

xxx

Well im 7 weeks tomo and my family know and so do Rich's family, a couple of other people know too but thats it.

I think its down to you hun, the only reason people dont say they are preg until later is incase they miscarry or find out there are problems at the scan.

People had to know im my situation, im a beautician, and my work had to know because I cannot do some of the treatments now.

Thanks guys, I think I will wait until after my dating scan in two weeks.

Just sticking to close family for now is definitely a safer bet!

Hi, well i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant and i only really told me OH and mam and his mam, then at 9 weeks my OH's Daughter was told and from then everyone in mine and his family knew, i was a bit worried as I had a miscarriage when I was 18 but all seems to be going well. I did find I was at the doctors a lot with this baby with every little pain and when I didn’t feel right but I have been with my doctor for 3 years and we are close so she understood and even came out for surprise visitor on her way home from work to see if I was ok. I know the first 12 weeks are the worst but things do improve I have so much energy today it really good!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After my scan today for finding out my due date I told a few more people but before that only my family and bf family knew along with close friends.

It was hard not to tell close friends as we are normally very sociable and smoke, but now we are neither as I havnt got the energy and don't smoke anymore x they would of started to ask questions so I saved em the trouble x

xxx

I told my mom straight away..but she didnt want to tell the rest of the family untill it was a bit later..Told work as soon as i got the courage, because part of my job was lifting stock!!

Luckily my mother in law has been away this week, but before that she was on the phone every couple of days asking if we had a date yet so she could tell people.

Luckily work isn't a problem as I work for myself with my hubby.

I think I will wait until after my scan, to tell anyone else.

My work have been really really cool about it..so i think i have been very lucky there :D

Im the worst at secrets lol. I found out when i was 5 weeks and everyone knew by the time i was 8 lol

I have told a couple of people that work for us as it may affect them, but it is not easy keeping quiet. If all is ok at the scan I don't think I will be able to keep quiet after that.

Eblinx - do you feel really useless not being able to lift things? I feel that because i haven't got any belly to show of yet that I am a bit of a fraud and should still be pulling my weight! Hubby makes sure I don't but it is just frustrating sometimes.

Hi

I told everyone right away i couldnt wait... but i wouldnt of been able to hide it for long i grew big fast .
Katrina

I told everyone right away. We've been trying for 3 years, and all my friends and family know it, and they were all rooting for me! I'm not really sure why people wait, unless it's "just in case" they have a miscarriage... Honestly, if I do end up having one, I would MUCH prefer the support and love I would get from everyone, and the understanding, rather than having to go through it alone. Or even worse, people thinking I'm bonkers for being so completely depressed all of a sudden.

So I believe it takes a tribe to raise a child, and it starts at conception. :)

hey. i told my parents n friends straight away. was excited and had to tell ppl.

It is well exciting isnt it???!!! Im the subject of gossip in the town at the moment I think, its so small, really annoys me!

I told my Dad, sister, sister in law, close cousin and close friend when I found out. It was such a shock I needed someone to talk to.

No-one else knows yet not even my two other children. I think I'll keep it quiet for now until I've got useed to the idea!

Becky101 said:
Eblinx - do you feel really useless not being able to lift things? I feel that because i haven't got any belly to show of yet that I am a bit of a fraud and should still be pulling my weight! Hubby makes sure I don't but it is just frustrating sometimes.

Lol yes i do..lucky for me i work in a big store so there is other stuff to be doing..and if i ever need to move anything the guys are always more than willing to do it..but it feels like i should be doing it!! :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back