When did your babies leave nicu?

Laurenm

Reaction score
Hi
I went into premature labour and gave birth at 27+5 on 25 July,
He is doing really well and try are hoping to put him into an open cot in the next couple of days
How soon after this have your babies gone to transitional care or home?
Thanks

Congratulations!

I haven't had a baby (yet!) but my best friend's daughter was born at 27 + 4, weighing 2lbs 9oz. She was in an open cot after about 3 weeks and left hospital when she would have been 34 weeks pregnant, about seven weeks after she was born. The last couple of weeks she wasn't having any medical care, just working out how to suck/feed on her own without the tube and gaining weight.

I hope everything continues to go well for your baby.

Last edited:
My DS was born at 33+4 weeks he was in neonatal for 2 weeks and then in transitional care in an open cot with me for 1 week and then we went home as he was very strong and healthy, he didnt need oxygen just a tube for 2 weeks until he could feed alone. Once he could do this then he was put in the open cot and took his tube out.

I know there were some mummys that had been there for 10 weeks. They tend to only let baby's out close to there due date but if baby is doing well they let them go home sooner.

Hope your baby wont have to be in hospital for very long, and that all is ok.

I know how hard and depressing it is seeing your baby in an incubator. sending you hugs x

My little girl was born at 30 weeks weighing 2lb 12. She staying in scbu for 6 weeks before we came home. She's been home just over a week now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back