Ellas Story

alschafr

Reaction score
At 29 weeks pregnant at my routine midwife check she flagged up i had an extremely high pulse rate, within 2 hours i was in the corony care ward hooked up to all sorts of moniters being told my baby would come that evening. Later they decided as my heart rate had stabilised they would wait until morning to decide what to do. At 2am they sent a neonatal nurse to take me to see the 1lb babies in nicu so i would be prepared if ella was born.

In the morning however they decided with the medicine they had given me they would try to get me to 35 weeks, i was on bedrest for a week and then they sent me home, apparently i over did things so after a week at home i then spent the next 5 weeks mostly in hospital until at 35weeks they decided the medication i was on was affecting ella (althought they told me that would never happen). They had given me shots of steriods and told me ellas lungs would be fine and it was 95% likely she wouldnt even need to go to the nicu

Well ella was born by c-section and she didnt breathe for 3 minutes, she was rushed off but they wouldnt tell me what was happening, only that she had a couple of problems and would have to go to the nicu afterall, ivan was told to come with them and it was only 12 days later when i read my notes i found out ella didnt breath for 3minutes, she spent 10 days in the nicu on cpap and the first coupleof days on a ventilator. Elal weighed 5lb 6oz but lost alot of weigh and at her losted weighed 3lb 11oz, it wasnt until she was 6 months old she finally made good weight gains

She is absolutely perfect now but never again will i trust the doctors who told me my baby would be fine when she wasnt

I am scheduled to have my heart op on october 19th as they told me i will never carry a baby again without the same problems and next time it could kill me

omg hun what a scary thing to go through

just so glad ella has turned out as perfect as she is

good luck with your heart op hun
really hope everything goes well for you and your back up to speed soon

take care
xxxxxxx

me too, i really want another baby, if it wasnt for my heart op i would have had another by now

aww babes
what is the op going to do, is it a major operation?

does this mean though after the op you can go ahead and TTC again?
sorry for the questions im just really interested

What a scary time you and Ella had. She lost so much weight. Thank goodness she is OK now.

I hope all goes well with your operation.

What a scary time you had babe, but look at her now, she's gorgeous! :D

weestar21 said:
aww babes
what is the op going to do, is it a major operation?

does this mean though after the op you can go ahead and TTC again?
sorry for the questions im just really interested

Its a four hour op where they fire lasers into parts of the my heart that are malfunctioning

After this op as soon as im given the go ahead im straight at it ttc

wow, your really brave!!

I wish you all the very best and hope you make a speedy recovery so wee can seeyou BFP very soon

take care hun
xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back