TTC when considered high risk

Hi girlies, just thought I would pop my nose into this section and ask a few questions if I may.

Due to the difficult and premature birth of my son Damien nearly 6 months ago I am considered high risk for future pregnancies. Me and DF plan to TTC again in a few months time (about October) but I am unsure what I should do before we TTC.

I am currently on the pill (have only been on it one month so far) and have previously had 3 m/c's, 2 before Damien, and one after Damien. Damine was born 6 weeks premature after weeks of contractions, a week of slow labour, and bleeding in the first trimester (the lining f my uterus was coming away).

Has anyone else been considered high risk for similar reasons which could give me some advice on how I can try and make things more secure next time?

Thanks in advance, and baby dust to all TTC'ers! xx

Hi Sami, I know nothing on this subject but want to wish you THE BEST OF LUCK for when you do start TTC. It will be lovely for Damian to have a little brother or sister!! :D

awww thank you JaidyBaby! Congrats on your little bundle and sorry about the scare yesterday - it's great to see them on the monitor though eh! :D

I'm looking forward to TTC'ing but so nervous too given my history

not got any advice hun, but i had 2 MC before i had Dior im high risk because my mum had a spina bifida baby and a stillborn baby and i had Dior premiture and Harley premiture.

but my pregnancies were fine no problems just premiture births.

with High risk though they do take good care of you, i was told to expect Harley to be prem

hi sami hun have you considered either a chat with your doctor about this or even maybe seeing if you can get an appointment with your midwife from damien and they could go over everything with you maybe put your mind at ease a bit. i am now considered high risk but for different reasons and been told they will keep closer eye on me in future pregnancies more check ups and more scans etc but im still scared stiff of the same thing happening again so i know a bit how you feel xxx

Sami just wanted to say good luck hon. Who knows, if I am lucky we could be pg at the same time again :D

Dionne, did you have extra scans to check Harleys weight incase he was prem, did you have the steroid injections? I can't remember now.

Rach - I did consider the doc, but I asked a doctor after Damien was born and the response I got was "You're too young to have another one now, enjoy you're life and think about in a few years" :shock: Needless to say I'm a bit nervous about going back to ask again.

Rosieroo - Thanks hun, would be cool if we were, seems alot of us forum oldies are TTC'ing again now or soon - it's great! :D

I know somebody at high risk & has been advised to only have one more child. I think this is due to needing cesarean for both her children. Not sure if she would be of any use to you advise wise though I could ask her though if you like.

Sounds like you went through the motions Sami :( BUT fabby outcome :dance:

I did a bit but the outcome is so worth it. I would love another baby, a little brother or sister for Damien would be fantastic :D

my aunty was hight risk due to numerous miscarrages. she had to have complete bed rest for a good part of her pregnancies and now has 3children. That was in Greece though but i've heard of people having to have as much bedrest as possible here too. they would probably tell you to take it very easy (well as easy as you can with damien to look after) and as everyone else says they would probably monitor you lots. My mother in law lost 2babies (one at 3months and one at 5months) and she went on to have my DH and his brother.

YAY i'm so glad you are going to try for more.

Sami said:
Dionne, did you have extra scans to check Harleys weight incase he was prem, did you have the steroid injections? I can't remember now.

no hun they treated me no different about having Dior prem i had a scan late scan though as i was measuring big and did have a consultant appointment booked for 34 weekstosee if there were any signs of prem birth again and they said it would be very likly as i was sooo big with to much water

Hi

Sami good luck ttc !!! hope you get on okay let us know what happens.
You are trying around the time we are gonna be trying would be cool if we all did get preg again together.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back