When did you?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
When did you finally get everything finished/ready? Like the nursery finished and everything bought etc?

So far I've got a cotbed, tons of clothes, breast pump, steriliser, bottles - that's it... Well I bought a pram on ebay but it hasn't come yet.

The nursery doesn't really need much else doing, just papering then painting (the walls are all scratched etc so we need to paper first), the woodwork is already glossed, we need to put a couple of shelves up and get a carpet fitted. So that's not too bad..... but the room is now full of mine and my parents stuff as we have got to swap bedrooms (so I'm next to the baby's room) so are decorating our rooms and having new carpets so the nursery cant get finished until our rooms are finished. Then the staircase needs decorating, were having a new kitchen, then decorating the living room. All in 11 weeks!! I'm starting to worry now that it wont be done in time :(

Well my LO has been with us for 5 weeks now and I still havent finished painting the nursery! But he's in his moses basket in our room at the moment, so I've got at least 3months b4 I have to finish it.

it seemed I was buying things constantly for the last 3months of my preg, i was always thinkning of new things i needed. I still didnt have everything once he was born! :shock:

Don't worry hun-we have only just done our nursery( I 'm at 35 weeks)-at 30 weeks I don't think I'd bought very much at all-prob just pram and steriliser. Then all of a sudden I thought I better get myself sorted and now I've nearly done!!
Shopping for baby stuff is ace-it's something you can do really quickly cos it's good fun!
i just make sure I have lists of things I need so I know nothing is being forgotten!! :cheer:

As for the rest of the house-we did that before the nursery, but not that long ago-I just whinged at DH to get a move on and my dad came over to help him wallpaper our hallway-think it took a weekend.

Good luck...don't worry ! :hug:

I still need to get her cot, its coming end of the month, her moses basket (parents are buying it) and a bouncer for her entertainment.

Appart from that a need nappies as i have none and every time i try to stock up i get told off. Oh and i need a baby bath and top and tail bowl, a want a support pillow for feeding but its not necesary, and thats pretty much it. I've been buying slowely since 20 weeks and after my 24 week scan i went crazy buying lol. All her things need washing and ironning and i need things like nipple cream.

Then i'll be done, but i like to be organised and i hate the thought of not having things when i need them, i dont wanna be rushing around realising i dont have something and sending people out for it.

we're pretty much in the same situation as you.... the baby's room is a dumping ground for everything until we get our room and the hallway done... the major decoration in the baby's room is done (it had been recently painted before we found out we were pregnant) but it still needs new carpet.... I'm hoping to have it laid by the time I am 26 weeks at the latest (but I always set deadlines for DIY and we never make them).

J
XX

I've got everything now :D Finished buying most things a few weeks ago but still had to get double pushchair and buggy board for my single but they have arrived now so im all sorted :D

Baby will be in my room at first in moses basket then will be going in with Nathan so I haven't had to do a nursery or anything this time though :)

Aslong as my room is sorted I suppose the rest of the house doesn't matter too much as I will spend most of my time in there anyway, and she will be sleeping in my room at first too.

It just seems like a nightmare at the minute though, it's my parents aswell so it's not my responsiblity, which in a way is good but then again it means I'm not in control so it's annoying, I want them to hurry up and get it all done!!

To be honest I am so unorganised this time! With Aaron I had everything ready and waiting by about 30 weeks. This time I have just been buying clothes (naughty mummy she has enough). I have managed to buy a new steriliser and bottles and the baby bath and changing mat but that's pretty much it. I really need to start thinking about my hospital bag and getting the odd bits and bobs but I haven't got the energy! I can't even think what I need!

well we've been painting the rest of the house and will probs do the nursery in the next week or 2. don't have the cot or moses basket yet, will get them when the nusery is finished.

i have drawers and a changing table, but they are both in the packaging still because the rooms not done :rotfl:

being honest, i don't have much, i have some vests, socks, a few babygros and towels. i'll buy everything else soon, my maternity pay still hasn't started though :wall: my parents have bought the pram, but are not picking it up until i go into labour. (my mums reallly superstitious :roll:)

don't worry hun, you'll get there :hug:

we got everything but the pram quite early on as we couldnt help ourselves :rotfl:

Simply because I had the energy and took early maternity leave, the nursery itself has been ready since 34 weeks and last week I finally finished washing all the clothes / bedding ect. :dance:

I have got a teddy in the cot, a teddy in the moses basket and a teddy in the bouncer chair, they are my babies at the moment! :oops:

Having said that, there was a funny noise comming for the room the other night, the cat had been shut in there when OH went in to put the hot water on! My moses basket, growbag and teddy are now covered in cat hair, ah well, back in the washing machine they go. :x

we have most things now will need pink or blue bits when bubs comes as we dont no the sex xx

To be honest I am so unorganised this time! With Aaron I had everything ready and waiting by about 30 weeks. This time I have just been buying clothes (naughty mummy she has enough). I have managed to buy a new steriliser and bottles and the baby bath and changing mat but that's pretty much it. I really need to start thinking about my hospital bag and getting the odd bits and bobs but I haven't got the energy! I can't even think what I need!

Ditto! I remember having everything by week 27 with my lil boy and spent my maternity leave bored! Im the opposite this time but thats because im working or running after him everywhere! :D

I dont have a room for Collier :( so everytthing is piled here there and everywhere all Colliers clothes our in plastic bags as we have no where at the mo to put them But im looking into getting a new set of drawns for Collier not sure where to put it though :think:

We have everything we need we just dont have any where to put it away nicley or to display it lovely Im making a huge effert to create a lovely space for him in the now cleaned out painted sitting room 8) :D

All his nappies cotton wool, playmat. some other toys on one side on shelves. And his cot sheets ( to be used when he's older) Baby photo albums, comfoter, teddies extra on shelves on the other side of the wall ive hung a cute sheep moblie up from the cealing and placed cute baby stuff up on the walls on hangings to make the place look more bright and cheerful

I can not wait till we get a house so my Collier can have a Nursery room of his own and i can decorate :sleep: :cheer:

Iam so jealous of all you girls :oops: but happy for you too 8) :D
sarah :wave:

Weve bought everything now just need to put everything together and whatever :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27