When did you switch to food before bottle?

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
Ok so I'm confused. After the hv telling me milk is the most important until 1 yr old yesterday I was told to switch so I give her food first then her bottle. Previously it was stressed milk first as its still their main source of nutrition. So when did everyone else switch round?!!

Its all so confusing isn't it!

I give food between bottles ratger than just before or after so he's got the option to take all his milk still. He used to have 5 x 7 oz bottles a day but its now sometimes 4. Tbh though thats less to do with the weaning and more to do with me chilling out a bit and not focin a bottle on him every 3 hours regardless!

I have been told milk is the main source of nutrition and in my C & G mag it says the same and that they should be getting 500-600ml a day along side solid food.

XX

My wee one did it himself!
He still has a night feed between 2am-6am so when he gets up about 8 he just gets his breakfast (food) rather than milk.
If we didn't do this there would be no way we could fit his bottles and meals all in. He's in a much better routine now he's doing this.xx

I struggle with with this. Seb has about 20oz a day spread over 4 bottles but to fit 3 meals in aswell I don't feel like the day is long enough lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I struggle with with this. Seb has about 20oz a day spread over 4 bottles but to fit 3 meals in aswell I don't feel like the day is long enough lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Haha... I feel the same. I feel like I can't go out as much just now. Because all I seem to be doing is giving him milk or food!xxx

I don't give food and bottle at same time iykwim

I roughly do
5am - bf
8am - brekkie
10.30 - bottle
1pm - lunch
3pm - bottle
5.30pm - dinner
7pm - bottle
9-9.30pm - bf

My hv has never discussed weaning with me and this was plan I worked out myself. It works for us cos I don't feel like I'm trying to force feed with food/milk.

Using Tapatalk. Can't see tickers.

We never did milk & food at the same time either. Jack was a little and often baby and drank way under the average milk intake for his age. Once he was having 3 meals a day he had his milk in between x

Well at the moment it tends to go
8am bottle
9am breakfast
12pm bottle
1pm lunch
4pm bottle
5pm tea
6.40pm bottle
7pm bed
10pm bottle

Her bottle times are the same as they always have been but I just added food after as that's what the hv told me to do. She doesn't have any problem eating so she's obviously not full up and doesn't get hungry before her next bottle. Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing or do I just go with what works for us?!! Or should I swap so I do 8am food, 9am bottle and so on?

We do
6am bottle
7.30 breakfast
10.30 bottle
12ish lunch
2.30 snack
4.30 dinner
6.30 bottle
6.45 bed.

Works well for us with approx 2-3 half hour naps in between x

We in the end I rang the lady I normally see at weigh in who's been guiding me with weaning and she said milk first then food around 30 mins later and to eventually drop the 4pm feed. But to carry on with my routine for another month then when I see her at the next weigh in we can discuss further. So that's put my mind at rest. She said that really milk is still more important especially as Mia has always been not too fussed with it. Although she is a lot better now. I suppose every baby is just so different and with such different routines and there's no right or wrong just what works for you. Thanks for all your replies! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back