Help with BF'ing

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi girls, i need abit of advice.

when Harlow was first born I breast fed her straight away and she latched perfectly with Abit of help from the midwife on the labour ward.. Since i then got moved to the maternity ward I struggled and got no help in the hospital and kept getting fobbed of by the midwives so I tried on my own for hours.. Failed.. Felt like crying and couldn't leave Harlow without food any longer so I got her a bottle and since then ended up sticking to it. Now I really want to try to breast feed. She is 6 days old and I am producing milk like there's no tomorrow. She looks like she is trying to latch when I pick her up and put her to my chest sometimes too.

Do you think it's possible to switch to BF now or is it to late?

It's totally possible. There are good videos on YouTube about latching on. Also, try asking your health visitor if there is a local breast feeding support group. X

Thx Jayne I will have a look at that now. I want to try to see if she'll latch on her next feed x

Defo give it a shot! Surestart centres are pretty good for breastfeeding help if there's one near you :)

Definitely worth a shot Hun, if your producing milk there's a good chance you'll be able to. definitely speak to your HV or see if you've got a local support group xx

You can even do it weeks and weeks later, lots of skin to skin will help xx

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Got her to latch perfectly! She had about 10 minutes on the breast and then unlatched, I tried to get her back on but she was too impatient and just screamed the house down so i finished of with her bottle. Think she was just being lazy as she is used to the bottle. Ah well, least she got 10 minutes worth. Will try again next feed time. X

Just be persistent it can def work. Keep offering the breast and loads of skin to skin. You know she can latch which is a great start. Also keep expressly to increase your supply and give her the expressed milk if you have to use the bottle so she gets the taste and smell rather than formula. The breast feeding support workers are great and some even visit at home. Good luck, keep us posted how you get on x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nct have a breastfeeding helpline may be worth calling them
Good luck and it's shocking you didn't get the help while in hospital x

^^wss that's terrible of the hospital! Sounds like you're doing fab now! I love breastfeeding and am so glad I did it so definately keep trying! Lots of skin to skin! I found lying on the bed easier at first with baby next to be! Could have a little snooze too ;) good luck hun xxx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Have you got any breast feeding support groups? I'm looking to attend one near me that meets every Friday. Although Joshua feeds fine, I think the support and being able to talk with other bf'ing mums will help me feel more confident.x

Good luck Lou. Sounds like it's going well :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back