when did you stop using just water to bath baby?

willow76

Reaction score
Just wondering when you all started using bath products? I'm still using water but add olive oil as LO suffers over dry skin.

We only started using stuff in the bath when our LO was just over a year old! She had severe eczema and had to use a special bath additive. Holding off on anything seems to have paid off.

We were naughty and used a shampoo on Bs hair during his first bath at 5 days old! He had so much hair and water just wasn't going to get all the after birth stuff out of his hair!
We only use stuff like Aveeno or Burt's bees as Bs skin can react sometimes x

We used bath products from her first bath at 1 day old. No problems here

I used water until about 13 weeks then (although like the poster above shampoo was used on the first bath in the hospital). My lo doesn't have sensitive skin so I use Johnsons or cussons mum and me. I was given some burts bees as a gift and it was lovely x

I use a tiny amount of top to toe wash every bath time since birth as LO has lots of hair and water just won't cut it! When she's sick it dribbles into her hair so it needs a good wash. I just use Asdas own and have no problems x

I only washed my kids with just water for 3 days, after that I started using baby products. And never really had any problems, if im blessed with one more child I will do it the same.

From ten days old when bellybutton stump fell off. Used bedtime bath every day since with no probs xx

Oh, and used wet wipes on the bottom end from then also! Xx

Last edited:
Never used anything other than oilatum bath oil from 3 weeks due to dry skin that turned to eczema. He's nearly one now and still suffers a bit. X

I used products once she was born. In the hospital the nurse used a soap or shampoo product on her on the day she was born. I only use a little bit, as you don't need much for a little baby.

I've rubbed some olive oil on Hayleys skin in the first few weeks as she also had bad dry skin, but I never thought to add it to the bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back