When did you stop driving?

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I know its good to stay cooped up but i've not been out for 4 days, im quite norty i normally drive the majority of places i go...

Was jut wondering though when SHOULD i stop driving, I didnt drive this week because I have had alot of aches pains and twinges etc and i guess part of me doesn't feel confident... Im also a newish driver, only been driving just over a year so i guess i don't want to make any mistakes (All the mistakes i have made have been since preggo...)

I'll be 37wks on Saturday... Would love your take on this...

I'm still driving. Not got much choice because of work and where we live but I never really thought about it. I passed feb 07 but have driven LOADS I did about 15,000 in the first year and goodness knows how much since!

I think I would give up when I don't feel I'm safe on the road if you feel you cant concentrate then thats when you should give it up. I think its something only you can tell. Because I am still quite comfortable driving still I dont know if I will get to a point where I will feel I need to give up. :) But soon as you start to feel unsafe then I guess thats the time.

I do find Im much more aware of mine and other peoples driving and I get really peed off now at bad drivers! I get road rage now where as before Pip I would just be like "oooo silly prick" now I get really abusive!

I didnt stop driving.
It wasnt comfortable as i am short and usually have my seat quite forward so belly was almost on the steering wheel :rotfl: and SPD made it very uncomfy :?
Most of the time OH would drive places if needed, but if i had to go out i would drive :)

I still drive! To the shop that is located round the corner! :lol:

In all honesty though, I HAVE started walking there, I drive out of laziness... :oops:

You have got a big bump though hun so I can imagine how you don't feel that great about driving. :hug:

I'm not very "aware" of things at the best of times :think: like people half way across zebra crossings, old ladies crossing the road, A14 barriers etc - you know, *shrug* just the little things :lol:

I would say, stop driving when you don't feel comfortable driving anymore :hug: That helps?! lol xx

DH and i just have to one car here, and he made a lot of effort to get lifts to work with a few people who live by us from Dell, but now he wont leave me the car anymore :( .....says he doesnt want me driving so close to DD. But if we were in the UK you could bet i'd still be driving there. and on the correct side of the road which would be nice :)

Last time i drove was to a yarn store last weekend (pretty short trip)

I worked right upto 2 weeks before my due date, so i had no choice. Also part of my job is going to tax cars, therefore driving down to Post Office. I went 10 days over and was still nipping to my sister's at a week overdue.

Im still driving but out of necessity rather than anything. My OH works nights so if I need to get out during the day anywhere, I have to drive really as he is in bed! Dont enjoy it like I used to though, and am getting paranoid now about having contractions in the car so trying not to drive unless i really need to. If it was just me, I probably wouldnt bother at all, but with a 3 year old in tow, its just so much easier to take the car :hug:

Yeah, I drove up till I droped. I think I drove the day I went into labour - but I cant rmbr, pregnancy wiped out half my braincells.

I had a section, and got to about 4 weeks then I drove.

If you rear ended someone, then I imagine it could be very dangerous for you and baby. Rmbr its not you, its the other nutters on the road that you have to watchout for!!! :wall:

Last time I drove was about 3 and a half weeks ago! drove from somerset to worcester and back again during that heatwave weekend we had and twas fekkin exhausting - n then the car went on strike so we scrapped it :rotfl: I'd still be driving now if i had a motor but in all honesty i am appreciating having to walk everywhere (honest guv!) cos I know tis good for me and the baby :angel: pmsl who am I kidding :think: :lol: i want a new car!!!! *stamps foot* it wouldn't be so bad if the busdrivers round here didn't think they was all Formula 1 drivers :wall: :wall: :wall:

I don't plan on stopping until the contractions start :D I have long legs so my bump although big is nowhere near the steering wheel. I could probably double in size without getting stuck behind the wheel :)

I haven't felt unsafe or like my mind isn't on driving, I would stop if I did.

Why would you stop driving? Unless you physically can't (too big a bump, SPD etc) then I don't understand why you have to? Absolutely watch out for idiots on the roads, but accidents can unfortunately and sadly happen as a passenger too and I doubt you can avoid cars and public transport altogether?

Valentine Xxx

I can't 'properly' drive yet but I did have lessons up to and take my driving test when I was just over 37 weeks pregnant. Didn't pass though :(

i drove all the way through and my midwife threatend to beat me if she found out i drove myself to the hopital when in labour (i was in way to much pain for that) :D

still driving, if its a longer journey it tends to make my spd hurt when using the clutch pedal but so Dean will drive, but quite happy to drive around locally - we live 6 miles from the nearest town for shopping etc so a necessity really,

I have long legs so bump is still a nice distance away from the steering wheel,

I would try not to worry about things going wrong Sharne because you may then be worse when you have your little man out and in his seat with you :hug:

I didn't stop driving. I was driving right until the day before my induction at 42 weeks.

I carried on driving all the way through my pregnancy. Go with what feels right for you. If you don't feel as confident behind the wheel, get someone else to drive. :)

I didn't stop driving either, my last journey was to midwife appointment 24 hours before he was born. But he was born at 39+4 and I wasn't big or uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back