When did you start buying baby things?

oldermum

Reaction score
I'm resisting like mad as i'm still really early but when did you start to buy things ?

I have no savings (been in debt through divorce) so i'll have to buy here and there.

ive hardly bought a thing this time round. Just got the basics and been given loads of clothes! although they are all girls clothes so if its a boy im in a mess :lol: :lol:

i started getting stuff when i was about 20 weeks.

After my 20 week scan i started, this was only because i wanted to know the sex.

My MIL started buying as soon as she could, although she never showed me anything until i had had my scan.

oldermum if like me you're strapped for cash a bit if you're offered stuff now i would take it regardless of your dates.

We have a scheme here where any unwanted items go to people who want them, so i was considering joining to see whats available, it's on a first come first serve basis but i know if i join i won't be able to say no just in-case the items don't come up again.

I'm not posh and need all the help i can get, blimey if i could get 2 stair gates out of it i'd be happy.

We've been getting stuff since I was about 12 weeks. Went out yesterday and spent too much money in mothercare, but now we have hospital stuff. There's also a sale on atm, so we were able to pick up cheaper bra's, some cheaper baby clothes etc. I've got a baby bath, baby car seat (not been in a crash), baby swing thing, push chair which I can use from birth,changing bag, feeding bottles and microwave steriliser, high chair and moses basket off our local freecycle - it's a yahoo email list, where people advertise things they dont want any more. They are also generally quite truthful about the things they are giving away, and although not in pristine condition all the things I've got have got a lot of life left in them. The web address is www.freecycle.com - you sign up for your local area as it's a worldwide thing. Good luck! We're most defnitely not posh btw lolol

ive been getting quite a bit although some of them when ive gone to pick up i would have been embarrased to give away but i felt like i had to say yes if you know what i mean,picked up what a woman described as a lovely m&p carrycot and pushchair,it was actually 10 years old,covered in mould broken hood and totally sunbleached,also picked up a cot and that was supposed to be in immaculate condition,think the child was actually a dog as there is no way the bite marks on the rail are from a child there is chunks taken out of it,not coplaining as its free,just wish they would describe things better

in my other pregnancys i didnt start to buy things till the final trimester, this time i started buying things a couple of weeks ago

I've not started yet, got most of stuff from Aimee anyway so i only need another cot which a freind is holding for me and a double pram. Got loads of clothes already. For some reason we already had loads of boys clothes i was givin last time round plus lots of unisex stuff.

I started buying things after the 20 week scan.. things just seemed a bit more real then!! I have had things given to me from family and friends too but I asked them to keep them until after the 20 week scan.. Now my problem is resisting temptation to buy too much!

I started buying after my 1st scan at 9 weeks :oops: couldn't help it lol...

I did have it in my head that I was having a boy though so I bought a blue changing mat, england pram blanket etc... then 20 week scan confirmed it's a girl lol, oh well...I did loads more shopping though when I found out the sex! :cheer:

Jade89 said:
I started buying after my 1st scan at 9 weeks :oops: couldn't help it lol...

I did have it in my head that I was having a boy though so I bought a blue changing mat, england pram blanket etc... then 20 week scan confirmed it's a girl lol, oh well...I did loads more shopping though when I found out the sex! :cheer:

:rotfl: Thats me at the mo, i just don't have any kind of feeling as to what colour this one is :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back