When did you get morning sickness?

ss79

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 6 and a bit weeks pregnant and luckily I have been feeling ok so far. I've had a couple of nights waking up with pelvic pain but no morning sickness or nausea at all. I read it usually starts about week 6, happy to not have it so far but do worry a little maybe somethings wrong because I don't.

What week did you start getting morning sickness? or are you way further on than me and haven't had any yet? thanks xx

i think 8/9 weeks and had it day and night the whole way thru BUT im not the average so dont go by me x

ss79,

Congrats on your pregnancy. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.

I'm about 9 weeks now and I haven't had any morning sickness (touch wood). From what I've read not everyone gets morning sickness. Everyone is different. I count myself lucky to at least have avoided it so far but in the beginning it worried me too as I still don't feel pregnant.

Congrats!! :) I felt a bit sick around 6-8 weeks but it's just in the past couple of days I've actually been sick. Hopefully it stays away for as long as possible for you! xxx

i am 7 weeks and 3 days and touch wood had no morning sickness....had my first dizzy attack this morning but no sickness xx

Welcome and congrats hon!
I was nauseous day and night from 6 weeks exactly, it literally came on overnight, then started being sick on exactly 7 weeks and haven't stopped yet and I'm now 9 weeks :( some days I'm sick all day 20/30 times then sometimes I'm ok during the day just a bit nauseous and am only sick once just before bed. If your one of the lucky ones who isn't sick then its nothing to worry about just means your very very lucky lol!!!

Welcome and congrats hon!
I was nauseous day and night from 6 weeks exactly, it literally came on overnight, then started being sick on exactly 7 weeks and haven't stopped yet and I'm now 9 weeks :( some days I'm sick all day 20/30 times then sometimes I'm ok during the day just a bit nauseous and am only sick once just before bed. If your one of the lucky ones who isn't sick then its nothing to worry about just means your very very lucky lol!!!

oh god love ya!!! xxx

thanks for all the replies, so fast as well. Bunnykins, 20-30 times being sick a day, oh I really feel for you. That must be really tough on you, exhausting as well. No doubt I've spoken too soon and will prob wake up tomorrow and throw up all day, but for now I'll count myself lucky. Hope all you girlies with really bad sickness are alright and it goes away soon xx

Thanks :) it does get you down I've had my hormonal moments hunched over a toilet crying saying I can't take anymore :) then my hubby pulls out our early scan pic and reminds me why, and then I'm ok again for a bit. Now I've learned to multi task, this afternoon I was straightening my hair in the bathroom mirror while simultaneously throwing up in the sink, which still makes me giggle when I think how ridiculous I must have looked lol!!
The big downsides have been ending up in hospital on a drip for a week, and all the lies to friends and family, its so hard to hide being sick for weeks the tummy bug story doesn't hold up for long and some of my friends are really concerened over my health which is hard I can't reassure them I'm ok as we arent telling anyone until 12 week scan.

Not everyone gets morning sickness, so be glad about it if you escape it! With my first I was never sick, I went off certain foods & smells. But this time I was sick until around week 20/21 & was sick morning, noon & night!!!
I was so poorly I ended up in A&E & nearly ended up on a drip with dehydration. Some people worry that if they don't feel certain symptoms then there's something wrong & it's totally normal. But believe me, if you are not sick, you are one of the lucky ones x

Sunnyb xxx

You poor things for being so sick, TOUCH WOOD, I haven't been sick at all. I feel queasy at times but mostly I'm just shattered. I have one productive day and one where it's almost an effort to winch myself off the sofa to go to the loo. Luckily my job is computer based so I don't move around too much. God knows what I'd do if I was still teaching and on my feet all day long.
Loads of sympathy to the ladies who are suffering with sickness and I so hope I haven't spoken too soon.

I didn't get any sickness in my last pregnancy at all and fx, it looks like this one is heading the same way hopefully!

I had on and off periods of queasiness from last week (week 5) and it got worse yesterday (dead on the official start of week 6 lol). I get a bit dizzy when I get out of bed or stand up etc. and a general feeling of nausea that doesn't go away after eating anymore. Even if it gets worse though, I can live with as I've had much worse (chronic appendicitis is all I'm going to say about that) and at least this time I know exactly what's causing it rather than just feeling sick for no very good reason.

i got mine bang on 6 weeks! I was bedridden for 2 weeks and lost 1 1/2 stone being sick 20-40 times a day *sigh* then it settled for 2 weeks and i survived just constantly feeling nausous but only being sick 3 times a day. Then at 10 weeks it came back full force till 13 weeks. Then from 13-14 i went down to being sick just once a day in the mornings. Now at 14 weeks its a distant memory :D I still wake up feeling sick, but it passes within an hour and is replaced with ravenous hunger!

Enjoy the life without it i say aha xxx

I'm 5 weeks and apart from the odd periods of feeling sick so far so good!! I'm just hoping I'm a lucky one as I'm rubbish when I'm sick and land up in tears!!

i've just felt nauseas on and off since week 5 but not been sick yet. it does seem to be getting worse but then i get days where i feel absolutley fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back