When did you feel your baby's first movements?

ashley22

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :D

Just wondering when you guys first felt the baby moving. This is my second pregnancy and I am 15 weeks gone and I haven't felt anything yet :( . With my first pregnancy I felt my little boy kicking when I was 19 weeks so I thought I would have felt something by now.

Let me know how quick it was for you! :D

I felt my baby move at 17 (19) weeks. It is my first and I didn't really know what to expect, but by 17 (19) weeks I was sure it was the baby moving. :)

This is my first and I was certain I was feeling Ava move around 17 weeks.

...my DH is also from Edinburgh! :)

I felt baby move for definite at about 17 weeks. That was one of the best days of the pregnancy because Chris was able to feel it too, a nice family bonding moment!

At 16 weeks I felt a fluttering, its now got a lot 'heavier' at 21 weeks - heard someone compare it to a fish inside a plastic bag which I think is a pretty accurate description of how it feels! :D

i believe that i am about 18 wks gone, and for the last couple of days i have felt very bloated and today i felt what i think maybe the baby, it felt like well something punching you very lightly from the inside your stomach, is this the baby kicking or wishfall thinking?

Iam almost 17 weeks now and this is mt second baby. No feelings of movements yet. iam really scared & worried. Help me please.... :?

Don't worry, it's quite normal not to feel your baby move until around 20 weeks. Some people are sooner, others are later. You're still quite early to be feeling anything and your midwife would have told you if she was worried!

I felt my baby girl move like the fluttering feeling around 16-17 weeks somewhere in between. And now i'm 18 wks and feel taps that are quite strong to me anyways and you can feel them on the outside, so i know it's my lil girl kickin. There not hard on the outside, but it is how you guys describe either a fish in a plastic bag or like someone is punchin you from the inside, it's so exciting!!! :lol:

Im currently freeking out cause I havent felt the baby move yet and I'm 20 weeks, there have been a couple of occasions when I think I have but then I havent felt anything else for several days. I read that once you feel it move you feel it regularly afterwards and I havent felt anything consistantly. Plus I cant distinguish between feelings that might me baby or my stomach!

Don't freak out just yet!!

The average time that women feel their baby move is aroung 20 weeks. It has a lot to do with your size/number of previous pregnancies/position of baby etc. etc.

Like, if you've got a roomy pelvis or the baby is kicking inward rather than outward you won't feel it as much as it it's got it's foot on your belly!!

I was a bit like you at first where I thought I'd felt something but couldn't tell if it was just general tummy things or baby but once I felt the baby move there was no mistaking it! Also, it wasn't like flicking a switch and all of a sudden feeling the baby move all the time but once I had felt it it gradually became more often and stronger.

If you're not sure tho ask your midwife cos I'm sure if she was concerned she'd have said somthing to you by now.

Well thats reasuring, its my first baby so I know they say it is often longer you feel a movement. Also I think I do have a large pelvis as it relates a lot to your shoe size and height? So Im 5'7 and i have size 8 feet! Luckily I have my 20 week scan next week so I just have to not panic between now and then.

i hope everything goes well with your scan... i'm havin my scan on June 1st...the first scan for me...but i actually stated feelin the baby moving at about 17 weeks...i felt the flutterin and i knew it had to be the baby.. now i don't feel my baby move ALL the tyme.. but at least once a day... i heard the heart beat yesterday for the first tyme and im so excited !!!!....so gud luck on ya scan ma...Much Luv To All Mummies and Mummies To Be !!!!!

Hi Everyone

Well I am now feeling what is definetly the baby kicking!

I have been feeling 'the flutterings' for a couple of weeks now but still wasn't 100% sure but since sunday night i know it's the baby casue Mark felt it too. Since then I have been busy looking throught the websites at all the cute baby equipment I am going to buy!

Hope all is well with you pregnant ladies!

Ashley I'm glad you finally found out it was your baby...haha.. looks like me and you are due about the same time. How big are you ??... Are you showing at all ??.... just a few questions i wanted to know... God Bless n Much Luv.

Wana, Aaron, & bump

Hey Wana

Yeah I am showing, I have been since quite early on but this is my second baby. When I bump into people I know they say I am huge and always say 'are you sure it's not twins'. The comments don't bother me cause I love having a big bump.

What about you? Are you showing yet? Are you feeling the baby move?

Love Ashley

Well it seems that no sooner than I wrote on here that I couldnt feel anything then I did! took a while and I think I didn't recognise the feelings but now I get definate kicks. I had my second scan today and it was mad watching it kick on screen and feeling it at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back