When did you buy your pram...after 12w scan or 20w scan?

Doob

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking at various prams and seen a couple that I like but I don't know whether to hold off until after the 20w scan or just to go for it? What did other people opt to do?

I'm wating until my 32 week scan :shock:

(which is actually not until 34 weeks - I may have to rethink this in-case it doesn't arrive in time!!)

We have savings so spreading the cost isn't an issue and we can store at either of our parents house! I just kind of wanted to wait and I don't know why?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have just bought mine I am 20 weeks 5 days couldn't wait :D its up to you when you want to buy things I have bought most things as it spreads the cost more than waiting till last minute then needing to buy all kinds of things because there is alot to buy for a new baby

xxx

Yes it's spreading the cost which I'm thinking about really but then I've got my mum saying wait until after the 20w scan...hmmmm...lol CARNAT here's me worrying at 14 weeks and you'll be 34 weeks, shows I've got time :D

Carnat why are you waiting so long lol? It took ours 1 month to be ready. If bubs decides to be here at 37 weeks you may not even have one lol

Carnat why are you waiting so long lol? It took ours 1 month to be ready. If bubs decides to be here at 37 weeks you may not even have one lol

I don't know why I am waiting?

I'll speak to OH later and see what he thinks.....

We can store it at my parents so no worries about space.

I guess as I still have so long I want things to look forward to and the pram arriving is one of those things? :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Well then get it and open it when you are 34 weeks lol... Also I would really have it at home. We will have to live with it for like 2-3 years we may as well find a good place for it and get in a routine of cleaning around it, moving it, learn how to fold and unfold it etc etc. Also time to teach your kitty that the pram is not her nap place.

Also time to teach your kitty that the pram is not her nap place.

This is a good point! My little dog will prob try and sleep in it and will need to get used to it cos she gets scared of big moving objects lol

Well then get it and open it when you are 34 weeks lol... Also I would really have it at home. We will have to live with it for like 2-3 years we may as well find a good place for it and get in a routine of cleaning around it, moving it, learn how to fold and unfold it etc etc. Also time to teach your kitty that the pram is not her nap place.

We really don't have the space for it until we open it, but then we'll get it home.

Gosh my cat is going to go nuts, she goes mental when I give her a plastic bag :shock: :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

We ordered and paid deposit for the pram the Sunday after 12 week scan. My Mil an Fil paid it up for us, and only paid the full amount a couple of weeks ago when we were 33 weeks. Good job we did as there is a backlog an delays on our pram. And we got a good deal which isn't on now. So shop around and pick what you want and look for a good deal, and find out how long it takes for delivery etc x

i REALLY REALLY wouldnt wait!
i ordered my about a week ago (31 weeks)---after the shop i originally ordered it thru at 25 weeks closed--dont worry got money back
and it is taking a few weeks to come in!!
i mean obvs you dont want it in the house for like 20 weeks but if you order it at about 20-25 weeks leaves plenty of time for delays and for you giving birth early!
just in case!!!!!
i mean i have bought an icandy which have long lead times but i spose others may be quicker to get
but u never know!!!!!
xx

Sorry to have hijacked this thread :shock:

John Lewis said about a month for the pram we want (although it could be longer for our colour??)

I will def think about ordeing it in the next few weeks

xxxxxxxxxx

Haha not a problem, I hope you get the pram you want and in time now ;) x

I bought mine after 20 week scan cause i wanted to see what the flavour was and buy a pram in the appropriate colour! :)

Gosh my cat is going to go nuts, she goes mental when I give her a plastic bag :shock: :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

My cat is exactly the same Nat :) xxx

20 week scan for us. Chose it last week and buying it this Saturday :D yay!!

I hadn't thought about cats... ours are unstoppable and claimed the top of our new cd storage thing at the weekend so the pram will definitely be theirs, I can see it now... :(

xx

You can always put cat repellent on the wheels or sth if everything else fails and wash it before the baby arrives. They will hopefully learn by then.
A little more problematic with the kitties than dogs I must say...

im really worried about my cats, one of them especially likes a lot of attention and loves tripping me up and getting under my feet. Im worried they will jump on baby and he is constantly trying to eat the gold fish and has to sleep on people. My OH thinks we should rehome them but i told him id rehome him before the cats. lol

I can't buy any baby stuff until after 30 weeks :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back