• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When clothes get too tight...

LauraKC

Reaction score
Im at the stage where my clothes are getting too tight on me but i assume it is too early to get maternity clothes as i have no bump yet. I dont know whether to just go a size up as i assume that the clothes i buy wont fit me in the next couple of months or will be a waste of money after the baby is born. Its a difficult one, especially with havign to wear half decent things to work. whats everyone else doing? when can i start to wear maternity things?

I don't kow why you dont just buy maternity clothes in your size now......if your clothes are getting tight on you, then you need to move onto them now. Everyone is different with when they need to go into maternity clothes.

If they are too big, you will only grow into them and you dont have to buy really flary stuff, you can get more fitted maternity stuff that grows with you.

Good Luck hun xx

I started buying maternity clothes around the stage your at now. I bought some under the bump trousers and jeans that grow with me from the very start. Ebay is a good place to look. Its where I got most of mine from. I dont see the point of buying really expensive maternity clothes when your only going to be wearing them when pregnant. :D

New Look had really nice under bump linen trousers that grow with you. Also even now I wear mostly empire line regular tops, much cheaper than maternity and handy for after the birth to hide your tummy and discreet breastfeeding :wink:

You can get some really nice maternity clothes for when you only just start showing. Like everyones said you can get ones that are quite fitted. I at that stage now where my clothes are getting tight but i just look fat in maternity clothes and i can't afford to go and buy new ones! :( All the ones i have are from the end of my pregnacy with Aimee and they are massive yet. Dorothy Perkins do some nice clothes.

I bought some nice under bump jeans last time. I tell you what, I thnk it is SO worth spending money on some good clothes, at 7 months when you feel fat and horrid, you will still look gorgeous with your clothes on :)

LauraKC said:
Im at the stage where my clothes are getting too tight on me but i assume it is too early to get maternity clothes as i have no bump yet. I dont know whether to just go a size up as i assume that the clothes i buy wont fit me in the next couple of months or will be a waste of money after the baby is born. Its a difficult one, especially with havign to wear half decent things to work. whats everyone else doing? when can i start to wear maternity things?

i was in maternity clothes at 10 weeks . go and get some. you'll feel loads better. There are no ruleswhen you should get maternity clothes.

Please dont laugh but i'm only 6 and a half weeks and i'm already having trouble with clothes fitting, everything is too tight so i'm down to wearing one pair of stretchy jeans now!! :oops: And i must admit i did just go out yesterday and buy a long maternity top, i think if you've gotta do it, you've gotta do it. This is my 3rd pregnancy now and i have heard that the more kids you have, the earlier you show. My sister was the same at 6 weeks and she had to tie an elastic band around the buttons on her jeans!! Theres a tip for you :D

just wanted to add to this that dorothy perkins have buy one get one free on some of their maternity wear at moment :D xxx

They do a belly belt where it extends your fav jeans so u dnt have to buy new ones! They have some on ebay, i just bought some! Comes with white black grey and denim fabric! Wicked! Also i buy loooong tops so i can unbutton my jeans every now and then lol!
Jogging bottoms with no elastic in the waist are brilliant, i bought a bunch from MKone when i was pg with J, and i still wore them after! So comfy!! Best thing i ever bought! Plus i got some in black so i could wear them when i went out at night! :D
U gotta look good to feel good in pregnancy! Usually im not bothered but when i was pg i cried everytime i got dressed til i found these bottoms! :hug: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back