when can you .......

trudie

Reaction score
find out what sex your baby is??? at how many weeks

But depends on your hospital, apparently some of them won't tell you anymore. And sometimes they can't tell even at 20 weeks depending how cooperative the baby is being.

thats just not fair lol i have to w8 till the end of april

thats not fair they should give u the choice to find out it should be ur choice if you want to no or not so you can get ur nursary ready, clothes etc

You could have a private gender scan - most clinics will do these from around 16/17 weeks. Costs vary quite a lot depending on where you are though, from around £60 - £150.

And be grateful you don't live in an area where you don't even get a 20 week scan - not all NHS trusts offer them, so all some people get is a 12 week one, which really *IS* ridiculous!

omg that is shocking the nhs needs to sort its self out my oh gets private medical car through work i think it covers me but only for birth im not sure il have to ask him but i no he will say go on the nhs coz he will get £50 for every night spent there lol what a charming oh i have lol

Hehehe well we ought to make the most of our tax money really you know! Your hospital might well be prepared to tell you, plenty of them do! Ask 'em. I think the reason some of them don't is down to the ethnic make-up in the area, if you know what I mean - at the end of the day it doesn't really make much difference to most of us but there are people who'll take drastic action if it's a girl... sad but true...

yeh i see i did think that would of been the reason and it is sad that that happens, but we should make the most of our tax lol ur rite i didnt work 60 hours a week for nothing lol

You usually have scan at about 20 weeks which should be booked after your dating scan (12 weeks). The sex can usually be determined anytime from about 16-17 weeks.

If you dont usually get 20 week scans in your area, then the best bet for a sexing scan would be a 4D scan which you would have to pay for.. but it is amazing!

xxx

do u know how much they cost they look really good

you're probably best googling 4d scans in your local area.
There are a couple of places near us that do reassurance scans and you get a couple of pictures and are about £60.
But they also have deluxe packages with dvd's and stuff too and they're like £150ish. The prices varied depending on which place i looked at. :)
xx

at the 20 week scan honey

our daughter was a lil bugger tho she was very shy and kept her legs crossed :shakehead: :lol: we didnt find out for sure she was a girl until a private gender scan (free @ innervision!) at 33 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back