When can it hear things?

Yoshi

Reaction score
When can the baby start to hear thing like my voice, music etc?
I had GMTV, Jeremy Kyle and Trisha on this morning and bub wasn't up to much, but ever since I stuck the music channels on it's been going bananaramas!! Is this coincidence or can it here a little bit??

Bubs can hear from around 16-20 weeks apprently. Loud noises will make it jump :D we shouldnt :D at that bt its great to feel it haha
x

Yep, from 16 weeks is about right I think. Does he jump when Jeremy Kyle shouts? Because I do!

When I was pregnant with Rosie we stayed with some friends before we flew back to the UK - they had a terrier and whenever she barked, which was LOUD - Rosie used to frantically kick like it had made her jump! She would be kicking me for ages!

Like everyone says after about 16-17 weeks. Babes always wakes up when i'm chatting to my daughter, must be something in her voice!

I saw a programme on telly a few years back, that said the amount of pregnant ladys watching Eastenders every night, and how watching something so regular with the same theme tune meant the baby got used to this tune.

When the babies were born and the mums watched east enders as normal, the babies would relax or quiten down for mum, as they saw this as a relaxing and safe it of music as they had heard it for months inside the womb. Don't know if it's true but makes sense.

My DP used to put headphones over my bump and we'd play music to baby and I'd feel her wiggle around and kick. I don't know if it helped but she loves music now and dances and wiggles whenever she hears anything musical.

We also used a baby CD of classical music when carrying her and once she was born we'd play the same CD and it calmed her down when she was upset (doesn't work anymore mind you lol)!!

I saw a programme on telly a few years back, that said the amount of pregnant ladys watching Eastenders every night, and how watching something so regular with the same theme tune meant the baby got used to this tune.

When the babies were born and the mums watched east enders as normal, the babies would relax or quiten down for mum, as they saw this as a relaxing and safe it of music as they had heard it for months inside the womb. Don't know if it's true but makes sense.

Oooooooooooo - more reasons to kick OH off his xBox in time for Corrie then! Hehe!

A total techno-geek at work showed me this in his mag the other day, think the're like £85!! What a waste! Cool though!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/newborn-infant/b723/?cpg=cj

Haha! Brilliant isn't it?! :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111