Whe can the baby hear?!?!?

ASD123456

Reaction score
I'm just wondering when the baby can hear outside noises. I'm going to start playing music to it hen it can...... not sure what I'm going to play jut yet. Maybe I'll play classical like Geordie Lass, how are you finding it?

Alex xxx

I think baby can hear sounds quite early on in 2nd tri but I know that the hearing develops much more around the 24/25 week mark as I remember reading in my pregnancy bible book that baby will respond to music.

Maybe Geordie Lass can shed some more clarity on this one?

Sense of Hearing in the Womb
The womb is not a silent place. There's blood whooshing through the mother's vessels, gurgling and rumbling from her stomach and intestines, and the tones of her voice and the voices of others.

A baby's ears begin to form at around eight weeks and become structurally complete at about 24 weeks. But as early as 18 weeks, the bones of the inner ear and the nerve endings from the brain have developed enough for your baby to hear sounds such as your heartbeat and blood moving through the umbilical cord. He may even be startled by loud noises! For the rest of the pregnancy, sound serves as a baby's major information channel.

By week 25, your baby begins to hear your voice — and your partner's — and may even recognize those voices as early as week 27. Sounds may be muffled, though, because the ears are still covered with vernix, the thick waxy coating that protects the skin from becoming chapped by the amniotic fluid.

A fetus's movements or body patterns may change in response to sounds. Many pregnant women report a fetal jerk or sudden kick just after a door slams or a car backfires. A baby's heart rate often slows down when its mother is speaking, suggesting that he not only hears and recognizes the sound, but is calmed by it.

Look Who's Listening

Your baby's hearing is intact by the third trimester, when sonograms show that a fetus will actually turn its head to respond to a sound. But studies have shown that your unborn child can hear sounds as early as 20 weeks and will be startled by loud noises at about 25 weeks. Very loud sounds can cause changes in your baby's heart rate and movements, and sometimes even cause them to empty their bladders.

Hope this helps
i heard that classical music is good as it is at a frequency that can penitrate through the womb

And i know that my Collier has responded to music
ie he hates me singing :shakehead: and dosnt seem to like Whitney houston ( i love her )
But loves and responds to Baby Einstine
And likes the Band the feeling as he moves about every time i have The Feeling or Baby Einstines playing
And Enya as well soothing My Collier he seems to sway to the music giving gentle kicks as Enya plays
So give it ago
LOL Sarah :)

this may sound silly but how are you playing the music to your baby? headphones on the tummy? lol

mmonroemaniac said:
this may sound silly but how are you playing the music to your baby? headphones on the tummy? lol

Hi
To answer your question i just play the music from my laptop and place it on my lap or near bye

i started playing mine classical this week, i place my headphones on my belly so when i'm sat in silence the baby can lsiten to something.
I noticed he seemed to get crazy in certain lectures and responded to some awful dance music i was hating too and even if he cant hear it well yet it's still a little entertaiment for him
I'm pretty sure he could hear though as seconds after i palced it on he started kicking around and had been asleep before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back