When can i...

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Just a quick one, when can i use johnsons bubble bath and smellies in babys bath. I know you are advised not to use them straight away but when is a decent time to start??

Thanks xx

Heyyy hun. Thanks for reply, awww lovely smellin babys lol xx

I used the bedtime baby bath from the first time I bathed her.. oops

I've been using either the Johnsons head to toe was as it's suitable from their first bath and we used this in hospital too midwives recommended it or I used the Johnson extra care wash with baby oil in. Both are really sensitive and don't seem to cause any issues x

i have used johnsons bedtime baby bubble bath since day 1 and was advised by MW and HV that it was fine to do so.. no skin irritations or anything she has been fine x

We've used bedtime bath too. We were told not to at antenatal and then in the hospital when the mw showed us how to bath him, she used it :roll: Conflicting advice from mw's seems to be the norm in my experience!

xx

Hey all thanks for the replies.

We have been using johnsons top to toe one but now we know we can use others lol. Thanks. Xx

I didn't realise you had to wait, at my hospital the MW's give the babies first bath with johnsons as with all babies. They never said anything about not being able to use it

:eh:

OMG I been told different. my hv nearly ripped my head of when I mentioned baby products. esp Johnsons which is all I have as
is johnsons. she said nothing till 6 months just shampoo as they see a lot of babies
with rashes because of products. but when leo had his first bath at the hospital they used johnson and mv said don't use anything till 6 weeks. I went and bought this tesco brand which says suitable for newborns. which I sawsomething like this before cos i have tons of johnsons xxx

Jack used the full Johnsons bedtime range from day 1. He has lovely skin! x

Think it all depende on baby's skin, if they are going to react to it then they will regardless of when you use it I reckon. We didn't use anything at first then started using johnsons bedtime bath after H had a bath with her cousin and seemed fine. She has had a few rashes since some quite bad then a really nasty flare up last week and have been told it's eczema. Not using anything in bath anymore but that's just cos her skin is sensitive to anything perfumed.

The mv in the hospital used Johnsons top to toe when showing us how to bath her and said we could also use the bedtime bath on her if we preferred.

I have also now started using the bedtime lotion and damn does it smell really nice. Hubby wants to use it on himself as he likes it that much. :D

Manda - my midwife used that in the bath too, his first one. And its a massive maternity hospital, all babies would have their baths with it. She did say only a small squirt.

All these different things are annoying aren't they. I think some HV's make things up as they go along. With different issues (for example making up bottles & co-sleeping) i've heard alot of ppl on here say their HV's were advising to go against the NHS guidelines.

:wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back