When baby comes home..

The only advice I have is when changing a nappy, bathing or washing baby get everything you will need to reach! All in one place makes it so much simpler than having baby poop or wee everywhere!! and don't forget to clean and dry around cord because it can become infected.
Accept any help, sleep whenever you can and take half hour out to wash your hair lol!!
Don't be scared of being a little rough with baby they won't break :):) most of all enjoy it... Baby stage doesn't last long and it so precious... Believe me i have a 20 month old... She was a tiny baby last time i looked!!!

So what if you leave the house without nappy cream once or twice... You forget what time they were last fed... It happens! All that matters is you love your baby... Instinct will sort the rest... Women have babies for a reason... Men can't multitask lol!! Good luck :)

Last edited:
The only advice I have is when changing a nappy, bathing or washing baby get everything you will need to reach! All in one place makes it so much simpler than having baby poop or wee everywhere!! and don't forget to clean and dry around cord because it can become infected.
Accept any help, sleep whenever you can and take half hour out to wash your hair lol!!
Don't be scared of being a little rough with baby they won't break :):) most of all enjoy it... Baby stage doesn't last long and it so precious... Believe me i have a 20 month old... She was a tiny baby last time i looked!!!

So what if you leave the house without nappy cream once or twice... You forget what time they were last fed... It happens! All that matters is you love your baby... Instinct will sort the rest... Women have babies for a reason... Men can't multitask lol!! Good luck :)

Well said, thats reassuring for a first time mum like me lol. Just wanted to ask about the cord, do u use anything specific for cleaning around it? Also how long can it take to drop off? xx

Well said, thats reassuring for a first time mum like me lol. Just wanted to ask about the cord, do u use anything specific for cleaning around it? Also how long can it take to drop off? xx

no experiance but i asked our nct ladythis she said just water adn avoid soaking it and making it soggy just wipe around it, and should drop off around 4 days or so also you can doispose of it in the normal bin as i asked that too as i didnt know!!! x

Thanks, so just water then. Was wondering if needed alcohol wipes or some thing. Im abit scared of it tbh, worried il hurt the baby lol.

Out of curiousity, how many new born nappies are u stocking up on for home? Ive visions of running out early x

Lovely response. Thank you ;-) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Thanks, so just water then. Was wondering if needed alcohol wipes or some thing. Im abit scared of it tbh, worried il hurt the baby lol.

Out of curiousity, how many new born nappies are u stocking up on for home? Ive visions of running out early x

iv not bought many three small packs of size 1 and 2 packs f size 2s plus a few freebies ones figured i can send hubby to shops for more i hear they go throguh around 12 nappies a day to begin with but im worried size wise if i only get small size 1 that they wont fit !!! lol il see once we have baby and then go from there also a freind said that the different brands work for diff people too not sure how truye that is here is the post i put in the other thread it may help you

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/baby-toddler/369692-question-nappys.html

Ah I thought I was 100% sorted ....until we got baby home, he didnt like the bottles, didnt like the moses basket, slept in his pram for 2 weeks, for 2 night we slept in the living room because he wouldnt settle in our bedroom lol you can prepare as much as you want. We bought dr brownbottles he didnt like the teet but they got the wind up better so have now used mam teats in dr brown bottles

The cord normally drops off between days 5-8, some can be longer. Just keep it clean and dry. There was a tiny pot of sudocrem in my bounty bag and I am going to keep that and decant from the big pot into that for my changing bag. I bought a plastic changing box from the car boot for £1 to stay downstairs so I have everything I need for a change. I am also going to empty one on my drawers in the bedroom for changing supplies when I get up to feed so not waking up too much. I think as I am intending to breast feed the routine will be baby led for the early days then will try and get more organised once the sleep deprivation improves (which I hope it will).

Bathe the cord stump in cooled boiled water. JJs took 2 weeks to drop off, we found it this morning in his babygro. It had started to smell a little but the health visitor said not to worry. With regards bf I was advised not to have formula in the house as it would be too tempting to use it rather than persevere bf-ing. If you are bf-ing get some lanolin in! Amazing stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back