when can baby hear us?

saze

Reaction score
hya i was playing tina turner to my baby yesterday and it kicked, can it hear me or is that later?x

I read the bones in the ears are fully formed at 18 weeks so the baby can hear from around then.

yep, they start to hear at 17-18 weeks I believe

I found the info out on the ticker we're using, it mentioned baby hearing us on the 18 week info, have a nosey on the info on there.

my pregnancy book said from about 18 weeks the ear is about fully formed so they can technically hear from then, but that it doesnt link up to the brain until about 22 weeks which is when the baby starts to react to the sounds its hearing, then from about 24 weeks their memory is formed and they can then recognise familiar sounds as they remember them and they are less startled by them!!!

Although to be honest everyones pregnancy's seem so different so if you are noticing things earlier than what some book says then thats great, your LO is clearly a big Tina fan!! :)

haha Bunnykins, think it was telling me to f*** off to be honest!xxx

That's what I was thinking, 'oh no, Tina Turner, I'd be kicking too! Were you singing into a hairbrush at the time? ;-)

OH is a DJ, and I'm sure pickle can tell when he's on decks, movements get far stronger. It's like baby is joining in and dancing.

I am only feeling little random flutters I am hoping baby starts to kick soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back