Music for Baby

babyroo

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone is playing or going to play music to their baby while it is in the womb. If so what are you type of music are you going to play them ? :dance:

Hi babyroo,
i play music, some soft touch music sometimes.. i have a baby in the womb cd as well that i listen to when im in the bath, it relaxs me as well as the baby

When i deliver as well i would like the cd to be played.. but not sure if thats possible this time as i'll be having a section :wall:

im not sure yet might just get the cd from woolworthes. They have one for baby in there for a fiver. See if i get reactions from bubba with that but i think my bubba likes modern music :lol:

I already have dolphins music from years ago so i can relax mine with that :)

Playing classical music is supposed to be good for the baby...haven't decided if I will do this yet though.

dolphin music relaxing got thunderstorms etc aswell :p

might see midwife tehn see if i can have music played while giving birth, im betting i be doing cesarian tho if babys really big.

classical music may put me too relaxed and send me to sleep altho contractions wouldnt let me sleep i bet :lol:

classical music is also meant to make your child clever or something init? so they say :roll:

wish my bubba would stop kicking me in the hips it hurts lol just hope bubba dont find ribs :lol:

I play baby classical pieces but choose them carefully as the more morbid ones can make the baby uneasy...there are millions of nice lighthearted tracks to choose from though. I also bought the Baby Einstein CD's I play him one of those each day too. I also just sometimes play songs I like and sing along to them, evidently hearing mummy's voice is the biggest comfort of all to them.

When my friend was pregnant last year she played baby mozart to the little man and when he popped out he cried every time she put it on and preferred to look at Emma Bunton on the telly!

madam bully said:
When my friend was pregnant last year she played baby mozart to the little man and when he popped out he cried every time she put it on and preferred to look at Emma Bunton on the telly!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

My friend bought me a soothing cd for pregnancy but i havent really had a chance to listen to it properly yet

I got a pregnancy music CD from Sainsbury's for 99p! It's great.

Just goes to show it's worth having a rummage in the reduced racks :)

I don't play a CD but do play him his mobile every night at 8pm and then lie down for half an hour, my thoery is he will associate the mobile with chilling out and night routine...Whether it works or not we will know in a few months LOL

my OH has some music which he wrote a while back which is on my mp3 player. it's quite chilled out instrumental music but in a couple of the songs he actually sings. thought it would be nice for little one to hear his daddy's voice. :)

(to be fair the kooks got more response, but i'll try and pursuade little one!!)

cloud9 said:
I don't play a CD but do play him his mobile every night at 8pm and then lie down for half an hour, my thoery is he will associate the mobile with chilling out and night routine...Whether it works or not we will know in a few months LOL

What a great :clap: I'd really be interested to know if that works Cloud9. :)

im just listening to my normal music, i know that baby prolly can hear it atm but like i want the little one to be used to my music when he/ she pops out. =]

Robyn, that's just what I was thinking. I've been listening to and singing along with normal music - I don't think I could make myself listen to classical music! I just want my baby to like the same music as me so we can sing and dance together. I might download the dolphin sounds if I find it hard to get to sleep, but for labour I'm going to make up my own Cds with all the songs I like. I hope that's not bad :dance:

when i was pregnant with my DD, i used to love (and still do) turning my music on full whack and cleanin house to it. it was always like hardcore dance or rave music and when she was a baby it used to make her calm down or go to sleep(obviously not full whack lol) she is now 4 and still loves it. she will sing and dance along to any music but her fave is dance lol xxxx

Took baby to first gig last Friday... Faithless at the MEN arena in Manchester, still don't think he/she has forgiven me, anyone who has been to a Faithless concert will know what I mean..! DH says at least the kid will come out with good taste :wink:

Was going to buy one of the music players you place on your tummy... I think they're called Wombsong? Anyone heard of them/had an good or bad experiences/recommend anything else?

XX

weenik said:
Robyn, that's just what I was thinking. I've been listening to and singing along with normal music - I don't think I could make myself listen to classical music! I just want my baby to like the same music as me so we can sing and dance together. I might download the dolphin sounds if I find it hard to get to sleep, but for labour I'm going to make up my own Cds with all the songs I like. I hope that's not bad :dance:
well i read in my baby book that the baby doesnt like loud beats,
but ever since i concieved i have been listening to my usual heavy music and going to band practise with my boyfriend.((hes in a metal band))
and it soothes my baby,
sometimes i think people who write these books dont know nothing.lol.
i asked my midwife and she said that if thats what i always listened to then it should be fine, cos when im happy, he or she is. if it makes sense
i am wanting to do the same with dolphin noises,
i couldnt make myself listen to classical. it would do my head in lol
im gunna stick to my normal music :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111