OH doesn't want to give her a middle name but...

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
...I really do! :shakehead:

She's going to have my OH's surname (Pottenger) but I can't help but feel 'Grace Pottenger' is a bit plain and boring? Does anyone agree with me? I also don't like the fact her initials will be 'G.P'. Her dad wants to be a doctor but I don't want her to have the initials of one! :lol:

My OH is: 'Daniel Carl Pottenger' and I'm: 'Tiffany Jayne Davies' so it would only seem right that our daughter has a middle name too!

I'm adamant that I will win this debate and pursuade him to give her a middle name :muaha::smug:
But in the meantime, do you girls like these ideas I have?

Grace (Favour, Blessing, God's Grace).

Grace Rose Pottenger
Grace Rosella Pottenger
Grace Rosabel Pottenger
Grace Maiah (Mya) Pottenger
Grace Lilah Pottenger (My mum likes this one!)
Grace Lylah Pottenger

Me and OH also had other girl names but we've called her Grace since day 1 so she's definitely going to be Grace, but they were: Eve or Alyssa.

I like Eve a lot and OH does too,
Grace Eve Pottenger? Hmm!
There's too many choices! So please share your ideas/opinions :D xxx

Last edited:
I think grace eve is lovely!
Tegan wasn't going to have a middle name But we got to the registry office and decided she'd be Tegan marie xx

We gave Odhrán his daddys name as his middle name, a middle name doesn't have to be used like a double name eg emma-louise, it can just be there and when she is old enough she can decide wether she wants to use it or not x x

Last edited:
We gave Odhrán his daddys name as his middle name, a middle name doesn't have to be used like a double name eg emma-louise, it can just be there and when she is old enough she can decide wether she wants to use it or not x x

Yeah that's what I do. Growing up, I found out I had a middle name and I loved it :D So I tend to use Tiffany-Jayne, hence my username! xxx

Amy, I like Grace Belle Pottenger, Beautiful Blessing! :D

I also like Grace Amelia Pottenger but I don't like the fact her Initials will be 'GAP', I just think of the clothing brand! :lol:

I do love the name Amelia, Amelie though! xxx

Aw beautiful blessing! i love the name belle. if it were my little girl i would be caling her "my Gracie Belle" sounds to cute for words hehe xxxx

Aw beautiful blessing! i love the name belle. if it were my little girl i would be caling her "my Gracie Belle" sounds to cute for words hehe xxxx

:D :D
I call her my Gracie all the time :love:
And OH likes calling her Gracie too. He's got a thing for Bruce Willis :roll: so he wants to be a strong protective daddy for his Gracie like Bruce is for his Gracie in 'Armageddon' :D

xxx

i think thats best kept a secret hahahaha

men you gotta love them xxxx

Lmao :D
Men always have some other man they look up to don't they?
I remember when my OH wanted to have a goaty like Gerard Butler.. :roll: and when he used to sing like Jon Bon Jovi in the mirror.. xxx

i think thats best kept a secret hahahaha

men you gotta love them xxxx

Lol!

I like Gracie Belle, that's cute.

I like Grace Rosella and Grace Lilah as well.

I know a Lilah, but she's spelt Lila.

xx

I am biased cause we are not giving a middle name:) but I think Grace Belle is a really nice one!

Hey hun, if you like Amelia but not the initial you could have Grace Emilia. Grace Belle is gorgeous xx

I love Grace Lilah, its so pretty :) Me & OH were disagreeing on a middle name towards the end of my pregnancy, but when she was born we both agreed straight away she was Poppy Willow. Dan might change his mind when Grace is born and want a middle name for her :) x

I hope so, he's a right stubborn bum at the moment.
I spoke to him about it the other night, after making this thread and all he did was moan and say no! xxx

FOB didnt want a middle name either, he kicked up a right stink about it, as well as her surname but I just did it anyway. He realised it was something I wanted and there was no way I was going to back down. I had Elizabeth for a girl because it was our mothers middle names and Jack for a boy as his was a close friend of FOBs who'd died before we found out about my LO.

I love it when you have a name that means something to you :)

:D

My Grandad and his friend approve of the name Grace, they said the old names are always the best :lol:
I did want a symbolic middle name, was thinking Eileen after my Nanna, and I am pretty sure my OH told his Gran when I first met her that he will call his daughter after his Gran. I shall have to have words with OH! xxx

Update: OH wants to call her Grace Eve Pottenger :D
I do like it but I also like Grace Lilah Pottenger!

He's adamant she's going to be Grace Eve now so It's a struggle to get him to look at other choices :lol:
Opinions on those names? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back