whats going on?

jadeb

Reaction score
As i explained in my last post, my periods are very irregular, last being in September 2011. On December 26th I experieced brown spotting that lasted 2 days. I have since then had itchy nipples, fatigue, bloating and just not feeling right. I have done 3 tests, one in the evening on Jan 4th, one in the morning on Jan 5th and one an hour ago. All negative. Am I testing to early? Haven't a clue when my period is due so can't go by that rule. Just want to know whats going on with my body.

Hi jade,

Do you chart your temperatures? I also have v irregular periods, didn't have one for months after mc. Had 1 in sept then not another for 63 days, currently on cycle day 34 & 7dpo. I found that by temping it helped me understand what was going on with my body.

Once I'd had a full cycle I then decided to do opk this cycle & got + on cycle day 18 for 2 days but no temp rise. Then a week later got 5 days of + opk then my temp rise on day 6.

Sorry I can't really help with your question. Just thought I would offer some advice as I've had similar problems.

Xx

Are you normally irregular?

How long have you been TTC for?

I'm very irregular, currently undergoing infertility tests at a clinic. When I first joined here, I was in my 6th week of no period and thought I could be pregnant, had loads of symptoms!

I'd wait a few days and re-test, if it's still negative then pop to the GP and explain your situation, they might do blood tests for you to check if you're pregnant. If that's also negative then perhaps if you were to explain about your irregular cycles then they might try and help you there too.

x

Hey - get yourself taking your temperatures! I am very very irregular due to PCOS so its hard to pinpoint my ovulation. BUT I can see clearly that before ov my temp is always a few points of a degree lower.

Are you getting any help for your irregular cycles? Do you know why as yet? x x x

my periods have always been irregular, i went on the pill 3 years ago and they were like clockwork...obviously it disguises problems. i came off the pill last april in the hope that i could try and regulate my periods before i started trying. i had a withdrawal bleed when i came off the pill and then no period until september. i had very bad cramps and pains a week before i came on... didnt know i was ovulating and thought it was to do with my appendix it was so bad...but a week later i came on. i then thought my body was starting to get back to normal until the next month went by and no period, then the next etc, until a few weeks back when i spotted.... i looked it up online and everything i read sounded like exactly what i had. i said to my bf if my period doesnt arrive in feb then im gunna go get it checked out. i understand that it may take a while for them to get abit more regular but its fustrating. we're not really 'trying' so to speak...just waiting to see what happens.
worried incase its something serious... my mum suffers from very painful and heavy periods so im wondering if ive taken after her. x

and no i havent been taking my temps.... shall have to start doing that :) x

yeah defiintely do your temps as it does at least tell you if you are successfully ovulating. I have polycystic ovaries and so I dnt necessarily ovulate even when I have my period. If you temp rises though then you can be pretty sure you ovulated.

Get checked out, often a few bloods and a scan can give you a lot more clarity. And ananoyingly, yes, a lot of hormonal issues are inherited, my mum was a bit of a disaster zone in the gynae area and I am too!! x

Jade definitely start temping, it's abit difficult to start part way thru a cycle tho. I would reccommend fertility friend. Go to the docs if your worried, I did & had blood tests done & also a scan of my ovaries. I now take agnus castus which is known to help reduce irregular cycles & it's definitely working. Lots of ladies on here take it & is v successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back