What would you do?

lozzi

Reaction score
Ive had an ear infection since Thurs PM, got a perscription on the Friday.

He gave me tablets as he said "eardrops wont clear it, as its quite a bad infection"

im taking them 3 times a day, and every 4 hours having paracetemol and codeine, and its not doing anything, it feels like its gettin worse...

What would you do?

God it hurts :(

Go back to the doctors tomorrow? They'll probably say to keep on with the tablets, but that's probably about all you can do. You never know the tablets might start to get things moving the further through the course you get..

Otherwise, have some hugs :hug: I don't really know what else to suggest...

go bk to your drs hun especially if you r in pain with it.

xxxxx

Im in agony cant sleep, had Paracetemol and codeine hour and a half ago, and its not done anything, in fact im in more pain than before..

rang out of hours medical service, just waiting on a phone call back....

Has anyone contacted you yet? You might have a bad inner ear infection.

aww bless lozzi it sounds awful! I would keep going back to your doctor and bugging them and tell them its feeling no better, apart from that though I have no advice :(

Get yourself back to the doctor ASAP - ear infections can be nasty

Let us know how you get on

:hug: :hug:

Lisa

yeh dont let them mess u around , brian lost his hearing due to a middle ear infection :cry: hope u feel better today lozzi

I lost 50% of my hearing thanks to an ear infection 2 years ago - go and stamp about till they check you again. I stayed quiet and in pain at home and now spend waaaaay too much of my life saying "What?" :wink:

hope you feel a bit better today :hug:

Pardon?

Sorry thats not fuynny.. :lol:

When they rang back they basicallysaid that there wasnt really anything they could do last night, as i was takin the max painkiller that they could prescribe, and that even fi the doc altered my antibiotics, there was no chemists open...

So i spent most of the evening in pain... when i did get to sleep bou 6am, i was knackered, and forgot to set me alarm to ring my GP at 8.30, as if you dont ring before 8.45 all the appointments are gone, woke up at 8.45 rang immediately when i realised the time and low and behold all the appointments are gone :x

I cant hear anything out of my right ear now.. and its still killing.

Receptionist said ring back tomorrow at 8.30 and see if there are ayn appointments :evil:

not impressed.

There is a walk in centre i might go to, only thing with it is i'll be there for like 3 hours beffore im seen and bam hates waiting around....

Way im feeling mind, she'll hae to wait around... mummy cant do this for another day!

I get ear infections alot and have always had them very bad, i had the ear spay antibiotics for them and they seem to work well, maybe go back to the docs and tell em its getting worse and find out if you can take some pain killers to ease tha pian as it really works , hope you feel better soon x

Im back from the docs...

He said after looking thru that thing in my ear, and stabbing me with it :cry: that my infection has worsened,

he prescribed me ear drops, co-amoxiclav (sp?) and some aer drops, gemskgsoegno somehing or other lol

So fingers crossed....

Im sick of the pain :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back