what would you do ...

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
if you knew someone was lieing to you ... about something important i.e/ their dads health? im 99% sure that a "friend" of mine is lieing about something really badly in a bid for attention, as what she says simply doesnt add up, or make sense. Its really bugging me as I would love to say "look your lieing i know you are" but that 1% is stopping me, the thing is it isnt just that its a completely sick thing to lie about its that she has upset some people with the news yet "swore them to secrecy"
this girl is a notorious liar and its started to really grate on me, i did speak to a close friend and he said if she is lieing shes completely sick but he thinks she is too but thinks we shopuld let her carry on!
Sorry but its starting to really get to me especially as the thing she is saying lies very close with me at the minute!

:x people like that really bug the hell out of me. If I know for a fact they are liying then I normaly tell them. I have problems keeping that sort of thing to myself.

Id say have it out with her... but make sure you do know she is liying for a fact first.

:hug:

I have this problem with my step-son (slightly different to a mate I know but he's older, left home etc). He'll like about anything from what he had at breakfast or what he's watching on TV to where he's been, what he's been doing, make up stories about friend's parents dying etc....really disturbing that he feels the need. He always gets caught out in the end because he can't remember what he lied about last week or said about the same topic last time kinda thing. Most of the time I just know if he's lying or not and tell him "don't lie to me it makes me so cross" he'll deny that he's lying but I tend to ignore him, eventually the truth comes out but dear god it annoys the frig out of me! I just say things like "I don't believe you come back to me when you wanna chat truthfully". It's hard to deal with sometimes I know and think as V-G said I'd have to say something too, I just think there is no need for telling lies all the time - I know we all do the occassional white lie but constant lying, making up big lies (like deaths in a mates family etc) are just so un-necessary. I honestly would talk to her, if she gets the huff about it let her, it will soon wear off in someone like that.

ordinarily i would im not the sort of person who would just not say something, but it is a very delicate matter shes lied about and like i said im 99% sure shes talking a load of cobblers but that 1% keeps saying what if she isnt and i accuse her of talking out her backside, i wouldnt like myself for doing it, but its wrecking my head! :x

could you call her bluff and say that you're gonna contact her family to offer any help etc????

my ex used to lie all the time and as Nicola says more often than not they catch themselves out as cannot always remember what they said.

i would (if its possible) try to arrange a situation where shes gonna be caught out if shes lying- like saying something about it infront of her dad? it might take a bit of thinking about exactly how to do it, but if u do and u can see shes really panicking or trying to get out of it, youll kno for sure.
people who lie about stuff like their relatives being ill usually have issues- varying from mild depression to being severely mentally unstable. maybe try to probe into her thoughts and feelings to see if theres any reason why she'd be doing this? u never kno, if she is lying, she might really open up about why and then stop doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back