What would you do?

Cixes

Reaction score
I need a bit of advice girls here goes:

So i have to have a scan in just under 8 weeks to check the position of my placenta, i have been told to bring my hospital bag as if its still covering my OS i will be admitted there and then until my baby is delivered by c section at probably 38 weeks. The problem i have is that i already have 3 children at home and as hubby isn't working at the moment and can't drive its much more practical for me to stay at home on complete bed rest until my section is due.

I am thinking that i should try and fight off having to stay in hospital and promise to stay in bed the whole time (thats all i would be doing in hosp anyway!) I will have my own bed/bath/loo and the support of my family. The hospital is about 8 miles away so if i suddenly bled it would take about 15mins to get there in an ambulance.

It will make things really hard for Robert if i have to go in - he will have to care for the boys on his own (he is a great dad though thank god!) then get the bus to see me everyday (costing us a fortune and spending an hour each way on it).

I just feel like i will be a total nightmare if i am sat in hospital bored stiff missing the boys and not being with Rob :(

If i can at least stay home until closer to the section it would be easier all round, but am i risking both mine and my baby's life by doing that???

Things have been ok so far, no further bleeding but now i am in tri 3 i could start to bleed and that would change everything anyway. I really hate this i feel like i have just been left to cope with all these ifs and buts. I see my midwife on thursday for the first time since i was diagnosed with PP but she is a bit funny with me and i don't think i will actually get any firm answers or advice!

My mum works one week on one off so has said she will pick Harry up from nursery and have him whilst rob is at the hospital with me during her week off, but apart from that nobody wants to help.
My Grandma has even said that Rob shouldn't need to come to the hospital very often to see me!! :wall:
His Mam works and to be honest she wouldn't dream of picking them up from school, but she might help by making them tea!

My other problem is that once Noah is born i will be in hospital at least 3 days and will want rob with me a fair bit, i am even thinking of saving up to get a nanny for those 3 days so that the pressure is off us, do you think that would be a good idea?

I can fully understand why you wouldn't want to be isolated in hospital for so long. But I think you have to be totally honest with yourself - will you really get the same amount of rest at home as you would in hosp?

With 3 kids of my own, I know how hard it is to get 5 minutes to yourself, let alone constant bed rest. Won't you be tempted to help your OH if you hear the boys getting out of hand? Or just have a quick tidy up, or cook the dinner or any of the other millions of things that need doing? My OH is brill too but I know I couldn't just lie there and let him get on with it without me interfering - I mean helping!

It really has to be your decision . Personally, I don't know what I would do. I would be heartbroken to be away from everyone for so long but I also know I'd just want to get on with things at home. From a medical point of view, I think that any emergency would probably be dealt with just as quickly from home as if you were in hospital, you aren't that far away after all and you know what to look out for.

Good luck with this hun, hopefully the placenta will have moved and you won't even have to make the decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back