Awkward situation , what would you do?

kellysomer

Reaction score
I have just been told that my best friend is getting married on April 13th, i am so happy for them as they have 3 children and are so happy...

but.... the wedding is a private do and only the kids and the couples parents are going and my OH and I. Trouble is our baby is due between 25th March and 1st April (i have two conflicting dates that the midwifes cant agree on) and if am allowed to go two weeks overdue i will probably be induced around that day! I dont want to say we cant go as i really want to but cant rely on the fact bean will be on time or early.

Part of me feels disappointed that i might be in hospital (or labour) on thier wedding day and half of me feels angry that they picked that week! My OH is gonna have to either miss his best mate (since they were like 5) wedding and feel bad or not be at the birth (which he would never do!)

I know the chances are i'll be home by the time the wedding comes but i feel pressurised now that baby must come on time!

The couple even said shed better be on time!!! :oops: Like i can pick, if i could we wouldnt have taken 2 years to get pregnant in the first place!!

Waffle over, i feel dumb worrying but annoyed too that they had to pick that day!!! :oops: :oops: Pregnant rant over!

awww babe i would tell them how u r feeling after all your baby does have to come first now!! they must understand having children themselves kids never do anything sensible lol
good luck
lots of love sarah and braydon

Hiya,

I would do what Sarah says and talk to your friend about how you are feeling and tell her that you would love to be there but as you have no way of knowing when your baby will arrive, it may be around that time and you may not be able to make it. I'm sure she would have thought of that possibility already and will understand.

There really isn't alot you can do but do talk to her and you'll feel alot better about things.

Let us know how things turn out.

Nicki.x

hey honey,, hows hythe been treating you???

we had same problem, OH's sister had her wedding on my due date, but i was booked in to have a sweep on same day and i wasnt missing that, but sweep never did any thing we missed the wedding and bubs was 2 weeks late, babies hey who'd have em lol why cant they come on a appropiate day lmao

- my best mate was in a similar situation, another mutual friend was getting married on the 7th of sept - and my mates due date was 28th august so it was touch and go she would miss the wedding too - or not be quite up to it even if she had had the baby - well obviously, baby got an inkling and went ahead an arrived 28th of july! ahhh the eternal optomist!!hehehe

on a serious note tho, i would do as the other girls sugested and talk to your friend, she should be understanding, specially as she has kids herself - plus she must have been aware that you were due around the same date and her hubby to be would probably not want his oldest mate to miss the big important day of his life!

anyway, heres hopuing for a textbook pregnancy for you, baby arrives on time and u have a fab day at the wedding!

shamu

Thanks Guys! You always cheer me up!

I have spoken to my friend and she understands that we might not be able to go but hopes we can! I have said we connot possibly confirm either way and to have reserve witnesses just in case! I am sure i will probably have had bean by then but as Paraddyso says you never know!!

Either way i wont be fitting into anything glamourous for the evening do!!! :shock: I'll be ordering a tent then!

Paraddyso - i am good although i have been pregnant forever, its definatly an experience although i am unsure if my dream of having 3 kids will ever happen. I think once might be enough for me! I cant beleive Alana's (i love that name) over 3 months now, its crazy where the time goes.

Come on baby...... arrive on the 25th March as agreed! :lol:

Hey hun!
Just logged on this morning and read this post. Im glad you spoke to your friend and agreed on something. Like sarah said, your friend has children, so she has to understand- especially about you actually giving birth around that time!

Glad you are feeling better too!!Keep in touch, what if we both have our babies on the same day? :D I keep getting excited and then very nervous!

xxx

Tell me about it i'm nervous about the labour now. i was absolutley fine until i had the midwife on tues a lady came in in labour with her first just as i arrived and she was screaming her head off :shock: OMG what a shock.

The midwife didnt say anything about the woman but noticed i looked 'wishy washy', i wonder why! :shock:

Up until now my bump hasnt been to bad but now the baby is quite big its gotta come out one way or another and thats bloomin scary!My bump is now measuring the right size for my dates as perviously it had been two cms smaller, this baby is definatly growing....

(Is it too late to change my mind about an epidural!!!???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back