whats everyone taking?

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just wanted to see what everyone is taking whilst TTC

Iv been taking folic acid for a few months, but not sure if should be taking anything else???

Thanks girls lots of babydust :dust::dust::dust:

hi hun every morning i took/take, folic acid, mutli vitamins with iron and omega 3 xx Apparently vitamin c is very good for when your tcc as it helps make cervical fluid but not to much so a multi vitamin is good. also when you do get pregnmant iron is good as it helps build the babies red blood cells. and the omega 3 is good for brain development. anyway it worked for me so worth a try :)

Awe thanks Minxie Il give them a try then. It hard to know what to take when TTC as most of the advice and stuff is for when ur lucky enough to have ur bfp.
Speaking of which how is ur pregnancy goin? how far along are you again? so happy for you hun xxxx

i did hear that taking pregnancy supplements when you are ttc can help but i think it has the same sorts of things in it that mutli vits do anyway. :)

aw its okay hun! had a scare the other day had to go hospital but we're both okay. im 4 weeks 4 days. its going so slow lol! got midwife in 9 days and from there hopefully i can get an early scan. feeling more positive as the time goes on, but think ill truly be happy when i get that 12 week scan .. only another 7 weeks and 3 days to go lol!

hopefully you will be joining me in tri 1 soon :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

My little angel 20/3/11 :angel2:

Awe I so glad its going well for you this time hun! bet you cant wait for the scan, I know I wont be able to.
Well Iv bought some OPK's for this month.I think im gonna be ovulating by the weekend...so then itl just be the dreaded 2WW.....but FX this will be the month,....time seems to go so slow when ur TTC doesnt it xxxx

I have been taking pregnacare conception as it has everything in it, and im awful at remebering to take tablets. i have one with my dinner relgiously everyday...

I'm taking santogen mother to be (they were on special at the time) can't say I'm that great at remembering them everyday, maybe now I can get back to ttc properly I will remember them :) xx

I am also taking santogen mother to be (three for two at boots).

i am rubbish at taking it :wall2:

I am trying to get into a system with it next to my bed

xx

I take sainsburys own brand of folic acid, pregnacare is very good but i always forget to take it with food! xxx

I'm also taking Santogen Mother To Be, but I got the double pack Mother and Father to be for under £15 at Boots. Was much cheaper than the pregnacare/wellman duo.

Before that I was just taking Tesco's own women's complete vitamins, which had everything in it and at £3.50 it was quite a steal!

I'm fine now at remembering my vitamins, been taking them every day for nearly a month now, but DH has had his since Monday and only taken them once as far as I know! I hate nagging him but his memory's terrible. Any tips?!!

Hey Leesy

What about putting them next to his bed so he sees them either wen he wakes up or goes to bed?

either that or on the kitchen work top where he'll see them when making food?

its just thats what i do to remember

I put my folic acid on work top....and i USED to put contraceptive pill by my bed

xxx

Well darlings I was told by a knowledable BFP'er when I was TTC to try Royal Jelly and evening primrose oil! Low and behold, that month I started using them..... the month I got my BFP!!! I think it was the evening primrose oil!!!!! as I am told the royal jelly improves egg quality but that 3 months after you start do you ge thwe better quality eggs xxxx

Hey Leesy

What about putting them next to his bed so he sees them either wen he wakes up or goes to bed?

either that or on the kitchen work top where he'll see them when making food?

its just thats what i do to remember

I put my folic acid on work top....and i USED to put contraceptive pill by my bed

xxx

They're on top of the microwave, right in front of where he makes his sanwiches or prepares his breakfast. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
The bedside table is on my side so this wouldn't work either.
I'll maybe have to get him one of those pill boxes my nana has so he knows which days he hasn't taken them!! My Nana's memory is actually better than his come to think of it, and she's 90!!

[/QUOTE]

My Nana's memory is actually better than his come to think of it, and she's 90!![/QUOTE]

Haha thats hilarious!! I haven't started my DH on vits yet and I just know he'd be awful at taking them!!

Bellarina I use boots conception support I think its called - not too bad on 3 for 2. It's just a multi vitamin with folic acid in

xxx

Bellarina I use boots conception support I think its called - not too bad on 3 for 2. It's just a multi vitamin with folic acid in

xxx
Yeah that's what the tesco one was like too, multivitamins iron and FA, and they were actually much more pleasant to take. It just seemed silly for me to buy cheapy vits and then spend a fortune on man vits for him, so the dual packet seemed to make sense.
I'd def recommend the cheapies to anyone tho! I do believe Tesco are doing three for two as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back