• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what to wear in baby carrier??

Reaction score
I have just bought 1 of those 3 way carriers from Mothercare and we had a go baby facing in this morning. Now I think she's slightly too small for it as she just sank to the bottom of it. Also I was scared that she might not be able to breath as she wouldn't move her head to the side.

The main question is what to put on her... it was quite mild today and with a fleecy babygrow ontop of her normal 1 and a hat she looked quite hot. ( Only had a thin rain jacket over her)

Anyone got any tips for how to use these things as she'll need to be in it everyday to go dog walking.

Many thanks :wave:

P

Does it have some sort of height adjustment for smaller babies? I know that the Baby Bjorn carrier I used to use had settings that were suitable for a newborn - the shortest setting was for babies 50cm long.

When the weather is mild (not warm) Becky has been in vest, tights and socks (she won't keep shoes on), trousers and top with a jumper over the top. Now it's cooler she has a coat instead of a jumper and a hat as well. I put boots on her if it's very cold. With a newborn I'd have them in something like an all-in-one like you had but you have to gear it to what suits the individual baby as mine has always been on the warm side!

My LO is 6 weeks and she has a vest, babygrow and snowsuit on usually. We have the close baby carrier, its a wrap so acts like another layer, it was too warm untill a couple of weeks ago to have that much on but now its sooo cold I find that is the best.

If your not sure wrap your LO in layers and then you can always take some off till you get the right amount :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back