what time would you...

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Have babys last nap at if you want them to go to bed at 9?

Max keeps being too tired by 830 to take a big feed ! I don't let him sleep passed 5.30 at the moment as I then thought he'd go down well at 9.

He only has 3.5 hours a day which is usually 30/40 mins in the morning then two blocks of 1 1/2 hours in the after noon, like 12.30-2 then 4-5.30

Or shall I just let him choose his own nap times??

What does everyone else do? Xxx

Baby's of max's age according to my book can only stay awake for around 2 hours. So the nap should be up until 7.

Also, of he's too sleepy for your last feed that's why he'll wake more in the night because he hasn't had enough. X

At the moment Emily's bedtime is 8pm, but her last nap ends about 5.30. But I'm finding she's getting too tired by bedtime, so I think maybe I need t move bedtime forwards otherwise she is really grizzly. I think anymore than two hours awake makes her grizzly and then harder to settle. X

Sorry no advice here :(

Torino what book go you have ? Looking of getting one

I let Albert choose. They are too young to say Mummy I'm tired, he knows how he feels so I go with it. If he doesn't go down til 10 I don't mind as long as he is content. It's not as if I have to get up for work tomorrow so I can nap if we have a bad night xxxxxxxx

Yeah bb I used to do that but got too sleep deprived as he never had a good night as he would just sleep so much in the day, he's been doing a lot better since I did the 3.5 hours and at certain times except a couple of one off disasters but that's usually when he's not had enough milk at his last feed.

Ok thanks tor I might doing that then

Xxx

Hannah can often have a nap at around 5pm on her walk and then she still goes down to bed no problem at 6:30....cos she knows that after her bath and bottle its bedtime, so she still goes down :D x

So do you let him nap whenever he wants but wake him up? I'm interested in this cos Albert has started a 2-3 hour nap over lunchtime and isn't napping that much in the afternoon so he gets a bit cranky. I've tried stomping about tidying up to wake him up with a clear conscience but it doesn't work lol

Lol yeah I feel soo mean doing it but I make it so he kinda wakes himself up. So if he's asleep on me, ill move him off n lay him on the sofa without a blanket or anything around him so the lack of surrounding comfort wakes him, if he's asleep in the cot I take the blanket off him, its usually enough as he sleeps quite lightly during naps. If that doesn't work though I will kinda sit him a bit upright or change his nappy :) its def made a difference since there's been a routine, up til recently I just him sleep whenever but found myself fighting to get him to sleep at 10/11/12. But no problem getting him down now. The next thing is making sure he's not too tired now though- he WILL sleep better I'm determined lol just one night feed is fine!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back