What the hell has happened to this country?!?!

There are loads of things like this that happen in the UK that my DH looks at me asking how on earth I can come from a culture like that.. :think:

I had to explain this to him too...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story ... ss&feed=11

In the footage the man attacks the older one and nobody not one, gets up to help the poor old man.. I got attacked in the UK at 5pm on the main high street in Greenwich and again no one stopped to help me.

He doesn't understand bailiffs either, and thought I was making it up that a random stranger could come in your house and take your things to pay off a debt...

:rotfl:

Its another reason why I can't move back to the UK because my DH thinks everyone walks around attacking each other... :roll:

Squiglet said:
There are loads of things like this that happen in the UK that my DH looks at me asking how on earth I can come from a culture like that.. :think:

In the footage the man attacks the older one and nobody not one, gets up to help the poor old man.. I got attacked in the UK at 5pm on the main high street in Greenwich and again no one stopped to help me.

He doesn't understand bailiffs either, and thought I was making it up that a random stranger could come in your house and take your things to pay off a debt...

Its another reason why I can't move back to the UK because my DH thinks everyone walks around attacking each other... :roll:
oh lordy! as if things like this don;t go on in spain either.
:roll: spain is the new promised land according to your hubby then :roll:

ofcourse spain is a civilised country comapred to the UK.
At least we don't go around chasing bulls with red rags for fun eh :D

perhaps DH should take a read at this
http://www.thinkspain.com/section/1

This story makes me feel so sick, and so sad. This part really sticks o0ut for me though

"However, those who stood by and did nothing to stop Anderson are also guilty in our eyes.

"It beggars belief that these people chose not only to condone his cruelty, but also to walk away from a neighbour who was clearly in distress and needed help."

I completely understand how some people feel scared to intervene but there was a whole crowd there who just laughed. I agree they are just as guilty as the coward who did the acts.

I agree Beanie - I have to say that I honestly think I would do something even if it was just to shout abuse at the perpetrators. I can't stand watching someone doing something I dissaprove of. I am always standing up for things I believe in and I just can't help myself.

Freya said:
I agree Beanie - I have to say that I honestly think I would do something even if it was just to shout abuse at the perpetrators. I can't stand watching someone doing something I dissaprove of. I am always standing up for things I believe in and I just can't help myself.

same

My OH dispairs of me as I try to get involved, he worries I will get hurt.I do have to say if I had Seren with me I wouldn't tackle anyone, I would go and get help but I just cannot stand by and watch someone hurt someone else

i would have had to say something too. its especially disgusting that these werent just any random strangers, they were neighbours of hers and i would like to think that my neighbours would help me if i was in a situation like that.

xxxxx

budge said:
Squiglet said:

Bhahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now I know how much budge actually reads of my posts OR pays attention...

My DH is Finnish... I never mentioned Spain.. :? Did I mention Spain in my post anyone?... I don't recall making such a sweeping statement as Spain is more civilised than the UK... No wait I didn't :rotfl: I mentioned that I got attacked in London and that I can't move back to the UK because of my DH (he'd like to go back to Finland but their immigration is tough and its expensive), but nothing about Spain being any better than the UK... I'd TRY and read the post thoroughly and carefully first before commenting ... :|

LOL and the whole bull thing... could mention the differences in abortion laws but that would start a whole different argument.. LOL :rotfl: so lets not go there.. ;)

The area from which my DH comes from in Finland has an extremely low crime rate, the island on which we stayed in August doesn't even have a police officer on it because there hasn't been a crime there in nearly 10 years. So as you can see a vast difference from a place were men urinate on dying women... :shock: And that that level of violence might just seem horrific to someone who comes from such a culture as he does. :D

Appartently Finland has a higher crime rate than England. I would never have thought that was true :think: Or new Zealand for that matter.

"The survey, shows that people are more likely to be mugged, burgled, robbed or assaulted here than in America, Germany, Russia, South Africa or any other of the world's 20 largest nations. Only the Dominican Republic, New Zealand and Finland have higher crime rates than England and Wales".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... xhome.html

But in thia day and age nothing suprises me anymore. What they did to that poor woman is appalling :x

LOL... I'm confused... and I'm going to come to the UK's defence here, before Budge complains ;) (you know I'm just playing with you budge)....
I can't see how a country like America which has a much vaster population than New Zealand, Finland AND the UK put together, as well as being several times larger, can have less violent crime than the UK? :think: So me being me went and had a little look around...

this site is based on information from Interpol.. http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/murder.html
it shows that America has worse rates than the UK... but the info is old...

This site shows the EU stats.. http://www.csdp.org/research/hosb1203.pdf

Also if you want to get really technical.. go to the source and view interpols listings for 2000/2001 for many international countries... If you have no life like me lol... :rotfl: (btw you can't see the US states... they have mysteriosly vanished ;) )
http://web.archive.org/web/200312031015 ... adList.asp

The UK isn't bad off compared with the others.. but even though the information is 6 years old its the information that the Telegraph say they have based their info on... Looking at the stats.. the Telegraph article is very misleading... for example.. you are more likely to be killed in South Africa than the UK but in the UK your car is more likely to be stolen.. :think: The article doesn't make this clarification and i would much prefer my car stolen than be killed... it makes the UK out to be the worst place in the world to live and there are many reasons I want to move back (including Asda's own nappies) :rotfl: But sensationalist and generalised articles sell papers.

Obviously a man urinating on a dying woman doesn't feature in this list... :roll: But then it's not technically a serious crime, its just a despicable show of lack of morals and lack of civil responsibility... which most countries in the world today are having problems with...Glad he got jailed though.. hope he ends ups someones "female Dog"...

(lol edits due to me being tired and unable to type correctly :rotfl: )

Squiglet :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Bless you hun :hug: thats exactly why I did lol I goggle everything, its good to know stuff :D

:rotfl: :rotfl:

any way back to the point lol. What a t*at, we need to sort this country out before its too late.

When I saw that story I just couldn't believe it. Inhuman. Animals behave with more dignity than those fkn lads.

Squiglet said:
budge said:
Squiglet said:

Bhahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now I know how much budge actually reads of my posts OR pays attention...

My DH is Finnish... I never mentioned Spain.. :? Did I mention Spain in my post anyone?... I don't recall making such a sweeping statement as Spain is more civilised than the UK... No wait I didn't :rotfl: I mentioned that I got attacked in London and that I can't move back to the UK because of my DH (he'd like to go back to Finland but their immigration is tough and its expensive), but nothing about Spain being any better than the UK... I'd TRY and read the post thoroughly and carefully first before commenting ... :|

LOL and the whole bull thing... could mention the differences in abortion laws but that would start a whole different argument.. LOL :rotfl: so lets not go there.. ;)

The area from which my DH comes from in Finland has an extremely low crime rate, the island on which we stayed in August doesn't even have a police officer on it because there hasn't been a crime there in nearly 10 years. So as you can see a vast difference from a place were men urinate on dying women... :shock: And that that level of violence might just seem horrific to someone who comes from such a culture as he does. :D

Even I knew he was finnish 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back