what tests to ask for after multiple MCs

beanster

Reaction score
Hi all. Had a PANTS weekend. Got a BFP on Saturday after doing 3 tests and 1 day after AF should have arrived. Told OH and we were so excited cos we had a MC in May at 11 weeks. Tested again on Sunday just to make sure i wasn't imagining it and got 2 BFN. Rang NHS direct and they said it was probably a chemical pregnancy, early MC but i wouldn't know till anything happened and to wait till Tuesday to test again. Started bleeding on Monday afternoon after bying more tests. Have had a rubbish week with hormones and emotions all over the place. After this happening I think that it might have happened a couple of months ago when my AF was late by 3 days and then heavy bleeding. If that is the case then I have had 3 MC in row, if not then I have had 2 in a row. I am going to see a new doctor on Monday cos we have moved house and I want to ask them wbout it but don't really know what tests I would ask about. Have any of you been in a similar situation? What sorts of tests can they do? Have read about having hormone levels checked but not sure what it means. Really going crazy worrying about what I am doing wrong when i know that i can get pregnant but can'tkeep it and want to make sure i ask them for as much info as poss. Please can someone give me any advice? Thanks

Hi there Beanster,

I replied to your message in another section but if you haven't managed to see it I pasted it here! Hope it helps!

I have had 2 miscarriages this year, one at 7 wks and one at 10 wks. Unfortunately they won't do any major tests until you have had 3 MC's. But you can ask for blood tests at your doctors. I had them done last week and all came back normal luckily! The tests look at chromosome abnomalities, clotting probs and a few other things. Am glad I have been for them and feel ready to try again this month. If you have had 3 MC's then your local hospital will do the tests. You need to go to your doctor's and get them to refer you to the hospital. At the hospital they do a range of tests, I think the majority loooking at the uterus and womb for abnormalities.

Hope this helps

Good Luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back