New and after advice

mazee

Reaction score
hi all

I just joined and am after some advice. I'm 38 (38 and 1/2 if I want to be picky) and I have 3 children 16, 15 & 6. At xmas me and OH discussed having #4.

In jan I tested about 2 days before my AF was due - got 3 positives - all different tests - first response, tesco and ic.

3 days later I came on :( I later found out this is a chemical

We tried again straight away, got strong symptoms from just after O - and had a crampy back all the way through. Got my BFP 3 days before my AF was due, 8 days later I woke up and I was bleeding heavily - went to gps - epu wouldnt see me until the following monday as I would be over 6 weeks.

It was confirmed on MOnday that I am no longer pg - didnt need to scan me - the pg test came up -.

What I'm wondering is there any connection between having a chemical and then miscarrying the following cycle??

I really just want to keep trying - I keep thinking this has never happened to me before - it won't happen again - but then my last pg was 7 years ago so who knows whats going on.

I've read lots over the last few days - some say to wait till next AF some say it doesnt matter ??

Please has anyone been through this and tried straight away and gone the 9 months??

Also I'm pretty sure that my body is gearing up for O now, surely this means my body is ready??

Sorry to be dumb but by chemical do you mean you'd just come off contraception and it wasnt a 'true period'? If so... I'm 16 weeks pregnant now with my second, I came off the pill at the end of october, we waited 1 full cycle (November) before trying then i fell pregnant on the next cycle in December. Everything has been fine except a small implantation bleed at about 7 weeks. I think most doctors reccomend waiting between 1 and 3 full cycles but it really depends on your body and how long the hormones take to leave your system. My rule was not to do a test until i thought I was a week late to allow for my cycle returning to normal. Also spares those small disappointments.

Good luck

iv not been thru the same as you i have a freind who had a chemical in jan she has waited one cycly just to let things settle and is now trying again perhaps ask your gp what they recommend and the best of luck to you x

Sorry didn't explain myself re: chemical - it's a very early loss - I got positive tests - which got lighter over a few days - then AF came. Miscarried following cycle.

Thinking of you Mazee, MC stirs up lots of worrys and emotions - please keep trying

I did :)

When I was 4 weeks pregnant with my youngest little girl, I'd miscarried just 7 weeks before so technically 3 weeks between but more like 5 weeks if you know what I mean :)

I think if your body is ready to get pregnant, it can sustain a pregnancy :)

Do what you feel is right for you :hug:

So sorry about your losses xoxo

Well lots of ewcm yesterday and today, so looks like my body is up to something. We will have to see :)

I go to see gp next week and ask her if she will do bloods as soon as I get another BFP. That way if it goes wrong (although I'll be heartbroken) I can maybe get some help.

Here we go again

Welcome btw - PF is a fantastic source of support and information xx

So sorry for what u have gone through - best wishes for this month xxxx

This was my problem :( They advise you to wait one cycle but I think that was more for my mental wellbeing.

I personally believe its what your heart says is best.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back