• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what size of clothes did you LO wear to start off with?

Spritzer

Reaction score
just being nosey now but was wondering what size of clothes your baby wore in the first few days/weeks and what weight baby was.

was packing babys bag last night and ended up with a tiny baby outfit, 2 newborn vests/sleepsuits and a 0-3 vest and sleepsuit just incase.

my lot were in newborn clothes for about 2-3 weeks and mine were average size babies they were between 7lb and 7lb 10oz

DS1 was 6lb 10oz at Birth, He was in Tiny Baby for about 1-2 weeks, then Newborn for about 2-3 weeks.
DS2 was 7lb 4oz at Birth, He was in Tiny baby for a few days, then Newborn for about 2 weeks.
This time I'm packing Newborn only. I have Tiny Baby at home if needed, but am taking Newborn to hopsital.

Sorry to butt in, but does everyone think it is okay to have 0-3 month size only? I have been given a lot of second hand things and some new things in those sizes. It looks so tiny but not compared to tiny baby or newborn!

im wondering if i might be safe enough leaving the 0-3mths at home then?
im paranoid i wont have the right stuff with me, lol

Mhairi was 6lb 9oz and she was in tiny baby for the first month!

Newborn just looked daft on her. I was lucky though, I'd only bought one pack of white newborn sleepsuits and vests, so my mum and dad went to mothercare and got much pinkness in tiny baby!

xxx

Tiny baby for the first few weeks. He was 6lb 1.5oz but went under 6lb soon after being born. Then into new baby and I don't think he was in 0-3 months for at least 4/5 weeks.

Angel was in Newborn for about a month. She was 8lb 3oz. I was told i was expecting a small baby, but packed 1 outfit of 0-3 just in case.

Oliver was 9lbs and he went straight into 0-3. But I would have put him in that whatever his weight because I didn't bother buying any newborn!

My LO was 7.8lb and in tiny baby (as I had some as presents) for about a week max.. as he droped down to 7.3lb then back up to 8.2 within a week - porky pig!! Then newborn for about 4 weeks, til he hit 10.3lb at a month. Now 0-3 month, and it fits fine.

I took tiny baby and newborn with me to the hospital...

moss said:
Sorry to butt in, but does everyone think it is okay to have 0-3 month size only? I have been given a lot of second hand things and some new things in those sizes. It looks so tiny but not compared to tiny baby or newborn!

My LO fitted into 0-3 straight away but then he did weigh in at almost 10lb and was 54cms long (newborn goes to 56cms). An average sized baby 7lb or so will fit newborn well for a couple of weeks. 0-3 will probably be on the big side but they soon grow into them.

Maybe just nip to Tesco or Asda and grab a 3 pack of newborn sleepsuits and vests. Chances are unless the Docs think you are having a larger baby your LO will fit them at least to start off. Don't spend a fortune though. Should only cost about £6-7 in Tesco all up.

Gabrielle was 8lb5oz. Different makes of clothes are different sizes - I put a newborn vest on her the day she was born and it was far too small but she wore other newborn clothes for a few weeks. There would be no harm in taking 0-3 as at least you could be sure they would fit.
I went through more than the 4 outfits you plan on taking within 24 hours so I'd recommend you take more with you. Gabrielle frequently threw up lots of mucus and we had one leaky nappy incident.

awwww my baby is still in early baby clothes lol. she was 4lb 9, she is now 6lb 15. she was 47cms long. newborn burys her!!

Jenna weighted 7lbs 10.5oz and was in newborn (although they looked big on her!) She went into 0-3 size when she was about 7/8 weeks old. She's almost 7 months old now and has just gone into 6-9 month stuff last week

Jessica was 6lb 11oz and she wore new born for about the 1st 3 or 4 weeks.
Aimee was 8lb 11oz and she went straight into 0-3 but they only fit her for about a month.
Nathan was 9lb 5oz and was in 0-3 for about 2 weeks :shock: He did pile the weight on really quickly. and everything went too short.

Thomas was 6lb 12 born hes only just going into newborn now he was in tiny baby for ages but hes quite stocky so the newborn tops always fit him better in the sholders, hes still only 48cms long though so everything drowns him in lengh.
just to add woolworths newborn is the biggest i found and it goes up to 11lb in weight so you could just get a couple vesties from there is your worried you wont have big enough sizes :)
xx

Maia was 8lb 13oz and she wore newborn clothes.

She still fits into most of her new born and she now weighs 9lb 120z theres only 1 top that is now too small, im sure the rest will be too small in a few weeks time.

We put our wee man in tiny baby clothes for about the first 2 weeks even though he weighed 7lb 4oz.

All we had in was new born +, but I found that they didn't quite fit as good as I wanted them to. I hate seeing babies with clothes that are too big, they don't seem comfortable in them.

I wouldn't spend a lot on baby clothes as they grow so fast. I think we only used each outfit a couple of times as he had so many. There were loads of ones that he never even had on so we gave them to a charity shop. xxx

tiny baby up to 6lb for about 3 weeks , then newborn , then 0-3 and at 3 months into 3-6 ,now where onto 6-9 sleepsuits etc and his only 20 weeks

Ryan was in weird sizes as he's got b ig feet so all the babygros were big on him everywhere cept his feet which were all squashed.

For the hospital bag I took a size newborn set from Mothercare and it was way too big for him, but better than being too small. He was 8lb 7 and I've always found Mothercare sizes on the big size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back