what should I say/ask?!

sarah1

Reaction score
Hello me dearies

I think I might have had another MC (an early one). Had lots of pg symptoms (sickness, reeeeally sore boobs, the lot) for about a week after af due, they all disappeared last night and started bleeding this morning. Got reeally bad cramps :(

My af hasn't been late since the last MC, and its the first month where I've felt exactly same symptoms as last time, especially the sickness. I only did one test in the evening when af was due and it was BFN, but think it was too early to test anyway (last time it took till 19dpo).

I wanna go to GP for some tests - think there might be something wrong after MC, perhaps with hormones or something I dunno..... Just don't quite feel 'right'. My cycles are long - 36 days, Af bleeding is much heavier and cramps are worse every month. But I know if I say ANY of this to my GP they will just say 'don't worry, I'm sure it'll happen soon' or something like that.

We weren't really trying this month after deciding to take a break - which were still taking! - so its not like I just imagined the whole thing.

Argh. Stupid body.

:( xxx

Hey hun
Sorry I can't help but I didn't want to read & run but hope you get the advice you need
Big hugs
xxxx

Hey Sarah :)

In all honesty, i'm not entirely convinced that you have had an mc, but i think that you should be able to get a little support from your GP.

The fact that you have had at least one mc doesn't actually work in your favour because it implies that you and hubby are pretty much able to reproduce.

So in terms of bloodwork i'm not sure what they would offer. We know you are ovulating and we know that hubby is able to fertilise your egg.

Apparently every time someone gets pregnant, there is a 1 in 4 chance of them having an mc so to have a few mcs might just be down to bad luck believe it or not :roll: which i'm sure is no comfort at all.

The only thing that might reveal something is a pelvic exam, but i'm not sure if a GP would refer you to have one done befire you have the other tests done.

You can get them done privately though for a couple of hundred quid so it isn't out of the question...

All you can do is speak to your GP and see what they think, but don't be shy of exaggerating the trut a little like how long you've been trying or even maybe you saw a faint second line on the HPT you took before you got this AF?

If they tell you to wait or whatever, ask to be referred for a private pelvic exam to see if you have any fibriods or things that is stopping implantation to be successful.

WSS /\/\/\ def say there was a faint line on hpt, i know they can do a test to check if uv mc as a friend of mine went to doc as she had had cramping and then bleeding in on eve etc and he tested her and then informed her shed MC...... tbh she wasnt that devastated BUT they were using protection and wasnt planned and i suppose she hadnt got used to idea.... basically they can test.... :hugs: xx

Thanks ladies :) Will go to gp tomorrow if I can get an appt. I'm not particularly concerned if its a second mc (obviously I'd be a bit upset though!), I don't think the problem is with actually getting pregnant I think maybe there is something wrong after the last MC cos I had a few infections. They did scan and pelvic exam and found some abnormalities which I was (apparantley) treated for, but had no further tests after that.............. dunno, maybe its connected with long cycles or hormones or something. Who knows?!
What a crappy, crappy day. The witch turns up and I have just had the worlds worst job interview for what sounds like the worlds worst job! Hope everyone else is having a nice day though! :) xxx

Sorry hun, no advice just wanted to send a :hug:

Oh Hun, sorry you've had a bad day
Lots of hugs & kisses
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member