What should i do

jo jo

Reaction score
Hey Girls

Just wanted your opinions on when to start TTC

I have been on roaccutane due to bad skin, taking that medication i have had to have monthly pregnancy tests to ensure i am not pregnant as it causes severe abnormalities. However it takes 5 weeks to clear my system and then it's perfectly safe to get pregnant.

I stopped taking roaccutane on 8th July so its been almost 5 weeks. I have a check up booked for 3rd september but dont really want to get pregnant before i double check with the dermatolgist that i am safe.

Do you think i could get pregnant if i stop my pills part way through a pack? I wanted to throw them as soon as i get back from the appointment, have a period and then start TTC

Or should i wait for my period on 15th September then start TTC??

Im confused and extremely impatient

jo jo xxx

I would wait to finish the pack cos at least then your body will know whats going on cycle wise

xxxx

I'd probaly wait until you have finished your packet so your body won't get as confused! But I know how you mean about being impatient lol, I'd be tempted to stop half way through as well!

I waited until I finished my pill packet, and then had my pill period as normal - it seemed like the obviously thing to do, and I knew when my pill period would start/finish etc.

Be warned though that not everybody will get a natural period the following month and some ladies wait a while for their natural periods to return - fingers crossed you are one of the lucky ones!

Then the real fun starts, trying to work out when you are ovulating, and BD'ing during the small window of opportunity that nature gives you!

Lots of luck TTC...

thankyou

i think im just gong to finish the pack im on now and not start my next one. Then hopefull i should have a nomal period in September and more chance of concieving

sounds very sensible and not too long to wait hun :hug: all the best :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back