I need motivation come on girls!

maldives

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I really really want to ttc again. well i may be considered lucky as I do have help with my Lo soo having a baby is not an issue for me to stop me ttc now.
few things i need to get over and if u do help me then count me in with u in ttc :)
1- i really don't want to gain lots of weight while pregnant.. last time i conceived when i was 65 kg and reached 90kg !
now i am 75 kg. i wanted to lose 10 more kg but if i get pregnant now do u think i can control my weight and gain only 10 kg?

2- i am planning to start working , is it difficult to work while pregnant?

3- the most annoying thing in my last pregnancy was hmmm hair removal LOL. it was my lady bits in the 6th 7th 8th 9th months. as i usually wax and it was extremly hard and exhausting. shaving is not an option as i get pumps. but is it safe to use hair removal gels or creams in ur lady parts while pregnant??

thats is . if any one can solve these issues then i will be soo glad to ttc again :)

BTW i am going to get my cheri22 readings in 2 days :cheer:

Hi hon

Not sure on the other points but with regards to weight gain, isn't the average about 2-3 stone (so 12-18 kg ish?) sorry if the conversion's wrong.

I'm in the same boat with my weight, I really want to lose a stone before we conceive because I know I've got to lose that anyway so it'll just be more afterwards....

Wish we could do it without the extra weight gain!

The average amount of weight you are supposed to put on during pregnancy is:

25-35 pounds (12-16kg), so in your last pregnancy you did put on a little more than average, however if you dont have a normal BMI then you are expected to not gain as much weight during pregnancy. The only thing I can suggest is to eat a healthy diet through the pregnancy. I recently read that another lady is carrying on with her visits to Slimming World during her pregnancy, which I think is a great idea. Also try and stay active, I walk my dog for at least a couple of miles a day, and also swim a few times a week.

If you are planning on working I suggest you get a job before concieving, you will have a lot more maternity rights if you have been in the job for a few months before announcing you are pregnant! Im currently 5 months pregnant and looking to do some temporary work for a few weeks!

My bump is too big to be able to wax my own bits, so gave in and went to a local beauty salon for my bikini wax - costs about £7, but lasts for weeks (I had it done because I was off on holiday and didnt want to have hairy bikini bottoms :rotfl: ), Im not sure I will bother again though - hurt like hell and used to be just about bearable when I wasnt pregnant!

I can't really help too much with the questions but wanted to wish you luck.

Re the weight gain I am also trying to lose a couple of stone. It's hard work but will be worth it, this is only my first week of dieting and i'm blooming starving :D

Hi just thought I'd add I am too ttc and spoke to my beautician about waxing coz I have heard that you can't wax when pregnant but that is not true. She tells me that it is fine - I sure will be paying her a visit! Probably will hurt a bit more as there is more blood pumping around the body (apparently - don't quote me on that). I am ttc for baby no 2 (baby no 1 is nearly 13 - very young when I had her) wasn't really into waxing then so didn't really ask untilthis time round. Hope this helps a bit and good luck to you x :hug:

shezza30 said:
Hi just thought I'd add I am too ttc and spoke to my beautician about waxing coz I have heard that you can't wax when pregnant but that is not true. She tells me that it is fine - I sure will be paying her a visit! Probably will hurt a bit more as there is more blood pumping around the body (apparently - don't quote me on that). I am ttc for baby no 2 (baby no 1 is nearly 13 - very young when I had her) wasn't really into waxing then so didn't really ask untilthis time round. Hope this helps a bit and good luck to you x :hug:

Good luck ttc.
well i did wax when i was pregnant and i knew it didn't do any harm but it was difficult and i really am so shy to let someone do it for me so i asked if it was safe to use creams instead? :think:

Hi Ladies,

Im a qualified beauty therapist and im pleased to say that you can have waxing when pregnant. Its totally safe and a very effective way of hair removal. However, it can be a little more sensitive because of the increased hormones that are within your system, this effects the nerve endings.

Creams are also safe too because they are topical, the particles are not small enough to penetrate the skin and go into the blood stream, but again you might be more sensitive to the product than you would be if you were not pregnant.

As for weight gain, healthy eating and not 'eating for 2' is the best way to curb this (im a fine one to talk though because I do use being pregnant as a slight excuse!!!) and because you already have a little one you will be rushing around looking after you should burn a few more calories.

Work wise, id definately get a job before ttc. No employer is going to favour employing you because you are pregnant. Plus if you have worked for an employer for 26 weeks then fall pregnant you will qualify for maternity pay which is a big bonus.

Good luck on making the right decision!

Thanks Jaidy,
Good to hear creams won't harm but i will wax for as long as possible as it's much more effective as u have said.
I guess ur right about weight, i won't be pron to gain much this time so it's really a bonus.
about work. I am planning to be my own boss :) which is also difficult as i won't be able to manage things once in labour LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back